'BONUS' CHAPTER

(ALTERNATIVE CHAPTER)

"Wooyoung!" I shrieked.

I saw him laying on the street, a trail of blood following his body. I was shaking uncontrollably as I made my way towards him. He was laying on his side and I carefully turned him so that he was on his back. I covered my mouth at how bad he looked. The side of his face was all scratched up, blood pouring out endlessly.

"Somebody, please, call for help!" I hollered at the crowd that formed around the scene.

I saw several people pulling out their phone and I went back to having my attention on Wooyoung. Looking at him, I couldn't stop from the tears from flowing. My eyesight was blurred, causing me from seeing what I wish wasn't real.

"Wooyoung, please, hold on," I begged, my hands set on his cheeks, "please, don't do this to me."

I hung my head down as I choked on each sob. Hearing the siren from an ambulance, I looked up and saw them stop, paramedics came out of the vehicle and took care of Wooyoung. I followed behind them and got in with him as they took off to the hospital in a hurry.

Once we made it to the hospital, they pulled him out and rolled him into the emergency room, where I couldn't enter. Seeing him disappear from my sight caused another wave of tears flowing down.

I didn't keep time but I've been waiting at one of the chairs outside the double doors for any information about Wooyoung. My eyes were all swollen, nose stuffed up, with my throat dryer than the desert.

I immediately got up from the chairs when the doctor came out. I stood in front of him with my hands rubbing anxiously together.

"We almost lost him. Luckily, we got him stable and is now resting. He lost a lot of blood so he's going to be in the hospital for quite a while until he gets better,"

I let out a breath of relief, new tears streaming down my face. But this time, they were happy tears, "yes, of course, whatever it takes to help him, I'm fine with it."

"Great," the doctor gave me a nod.

He started walking away but I stopped him, "wait!"

He halted in his steps and turned back to face me, "d — do you think I can, maybe, see him?"

The doctor sighed, "it's better for him to rest for a day or two before anybody could visit him."

"Please, I'll make sure to not even make a sound,"

The doctor pursed his lips together and gave in with a nod, "only for a few minutes."

"Thank you, thank you so much," I said breathlessly.

He guided me to the room where Wooyoung rested and I saw him laying in the hospital bed with bandages wrapped around his head and a neck brace. From where I stood by the door, I could see the scars and dried blood that were covering his face. My heart clenched at his state.

I stepped further into the room and pulled a chair next to the bed.

The doctor gave me time to be alone with Wooyoung and closed the door gently as he made his way out.

I looked at his hand that was faced up and set mine in his, my thumb caressing his hand. It wasn't my first time looking over Wooyoung as he slept, but for this reason, it was different.

And I hated it. His face was so badly beaten it's as if he got into a fight. A terrible one.

I continued with my thumb caressing his hand as I let the time pass by, waiting for the doctor to tell me that my time has been expired.