Change and Habit

I am back with a new chapter! I wasn't really sure in what direction this would go but I am actually happy how it turned out! 

Things have changed after that incident.

Maybe it wasn't because of what had happened but more likely it had happened at a turning point of your life, so it felt like it was the start of it all.

It wasn't even much of a dramatic change but it still didn't go unnoticed by you. The future came knocking, wanting an ultimate decision what you would do later in your life.

It actually shouldn't come much as a shock since you already declared what was to come back in kindergarten: You would become a hero along with your long time best friend, Midoriya Izuku.

Said boy could be the reason why you felt so strongly about all that. He started to act strangely. He always was so tired, he never had much time for you anymore and he became a rather picky eater.

It was strange because it felt distant. A distance that you weren't used to. Izuku had always told you everything and you had done the same but now you knew he was hiding something from you and it hurt.

It gave you a sense of insecurity. What if he changed his mind and was going to do something totally different in the future? It wouldn't change your goal since you wanted to become a hero, too, but it changed the way you would reach it.

The bell rang and school was finally over. You were free to do whatever you wanted to do and you had already something on your mind. You only had to ask a certain someone to come along.

Izuku was still packing his things at his desk when you approached him.

"Izu-chan? This new movie I wanted to see is coming out tomorrow! How about we go watch it?" You asked the green haired boy when you arrived in front of his desk. Your voice was steady and your smile bright but on the inside you were dreading the answer. Lately, he always turned you down.

"I am sorry, (N/n) but I have something to do. Next time for sure" His smile was thin, tired. You could see that there was something wrong with him but you didn't know what.

"Isn't next time what you said last time?"  You thought but didn't say it out loud.

"Fine, but you seriously look tired. Maybe you should rest a bit more" you chirped, not letting on that you were disappointed.

The two of you said your goodbyes before Izuku ran off. Strangely, he rarely went home right after school anymore and it bothered you what he was up to. You wouldn't spy on him, though. He was your friend and if he didn't want to tell you, you wouldn't invade his privacy.

"Did Deku reject your lame ass again?" You jumped at the voice that sounded suddenly from right behind you. You turned around and your (e/c) orbs locked with red ones. 

"First of all, he didn't reject me. Rejecting me would mean he doesn't want to have me around but its not that. He is just busy and again sounds like this happens all the time which is also not true. We still spend plenty of time together" That's if you counted eating lunch together as spending much time together.

You didn't want to admit that your friendship was a bit rocky right now. You knew Izuku for more than 10 years. This was just a phase and at some point everything would go back to normal again.

"Do you fucking like lying to yourself? Or is it just a desperate try to convince yourself that everything is fine, flashlight?" Katsuki smirked at you, obviously knowing that he hit home.

You were stubborn, though.

"There are always times in which you cannot see a friend as much as you like. It is nothing unusual. We are not fighting or anything, so stop acting like this is a big deal" you avoided his questions by sounding mature about this whole thing.