The Boss

Nick Cannon. I just bumped into Nick Cannon. Way to make a first impression. "I'm so sorry Mr. Cannon. I-i um... here" I say passing his some napkins. "It's fine really. Usually I spill it on myself, at least this time I have an excuse" he chuckles. I laugh as well. "So, McKenzie, are you ready for your audition?" he asks. McKenzie? He knows my name? "Um, yes I believe so. If you don't mind me asking, how do you know my name?" he chuckles. "I've been to a few of your stand ups. You're pretty funny. I spoke to the owner at one of them and got your information, that's how we invited you." I stand there astonished. Nick Cannon thinks I'm funny. "Personally I think you should already be on the show. But MTV requires an audition." He says and shrugs. "Wow." I say, mainly because I want him to know I'm listening. "What?" He laughs "Do you not think you're funny?" I think about his question. "Not really. Like I knew I had potential but I never really thought I was going anywhere." His face gets really serious and he says "Well today we put an end to you thinking that. You're one of the funniest people I've ever met and I'm so close to saying to hell with MTVs rules you're on the show. Actually I am going to say it. Fuck MTV. You're on the show. I don't give a damn if you bomb the audition" he pulls his phone out of his pocket "here" he passes it to me "put your number in" I do as I'm told. "I'll contact you after auditions today. We're having rehearsals in 3 days. Hopefully you can be there" I nod and pass him back his phone. "And what about the audition." He looks around "As far as I'm concerned you had a private audition and killed it. I'll see you soon McKenzie." He winks and walks away. I turn around and walk towards the door. Someone opens it from the outside and holds it for me. I turn around to thank them and "OMG" it's Conceited. "I mean hi. I mean thank you for um, holding the door." He chuckles "Anytime."