Thorns and Roses~ Klaus and Elijah Mikaelson

Imagine Klaus and you used to love each other until he cheated on you with Aurora, and Elijah comforted you until you left Mystic Falls without a word, until fate draws you back to both Mikaelson's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Italics means past)

Walking down the stairs towards the garden you smile to yourself looking at the beautiful sight in front of you. Flowers of different colors and sizes greeting you with their beauty. 

You walk down the path lightly touching the petals with you fingertips. You get to the roses and stop. You frown to yourself as you see that some of the roses are wilted. These are Klaus and your favorite flowers.

You pick one up and the thorns prick your fingertip, you let go and blood seeps through the fresh wound. You look up to the sky and see that it has turned gray. Where has the beautiful day gone to? You ask yourself.

You sigh and head back inside the gloomy atmosphere ruining your mood. As you step inside you find it to be deserted in the living room. You walk around and see a painting of you and Klaus, your favorite of course.

Your heart aches for some reason and you dismiss it as tiredness. You start walking up the stairs, your dress flowing behind you. As you get closer to your door you hear panting and moaning. It can't be Klaus right? You ask yourself fearfully.

You open the door and see Klaus on top of what appears to be your best friend Aurora. You let out a gasp and Klaus turns and sees you, wide eyed and mouth gape open. He tries to speak, but before he can explain the sight in front of you, you rush out of there immediately.

You run out of the house. Not knowing where you are heading, not caring at the moment. You stop out of breath, reality comes crashing down. Tears stream down your face as sobs escape your lips.

You feel a presence in front of you. You not wanting to look up afraid of it being Klaus, but a elegant voice comes out, "Are you alright, darling?" You look up a see Elijah looking worried at you. Without saying anything you embrace him, crying into him.

He holds you tight not questioning you, as you guys have a close friendship. You calm down and he sits with you on a nearby bench. "What happened, darling?" He whispers not wanting to frighten you. "He- he cheated on me." The words falling out of your bruised lips.

Elijah growls, "That bastard!" He says while clenching his fists, "I'll kill him." "You'll do no such thing." You say. "But he hurt you." He looks at you with sadness in his voice. "Yes he did, but I'll live. I'll be fine." You say while smiling weakly at him.

He hugs you as though a single touch could break you. You hug him back, and feel the warmth radiating off him. You smile and don't let go not for a while, but you must. "Do you want me to stay here with you?" He asks in a mere whisper.

You shake your head and say, "You need to get to your duties, I'll be fine." "Are you sure, (y/n)?" He asks. "Go, I'll be fine. I wanna think for a while." You tell him. He nods and embraces you one last time, and leaves. You sigh and think. Maybe you just need time for yourself, far ,far away from everything else.

You go home and quickly pack some of your belongings, thankful that no one is home. You write a letter to Rebekah and telling her were you'll be , knowing that she would never tell your secret, seeing as you both are best friends.