Love Me Softly Fili x Reader

Pairing: Fili x Reader

Song: Saturn- Sleeping at Last

Warnings: None

An: Sorry that it's a bit short but I hope you all enjoy this little drabble!

He never thought that this would be his fate. He had hoped, yes. But, when he was younger he had not thought much about who he was to love.

Many a young women had come to him professing feelings of love when it was nothing more than lust. He never wanted to press his lips to another who he did not have a chance to have a future with.

When he thought of love he would think back to his own mother and father. The two had loved each other deeply. Kili had always been grossed out when their father would kiss their mother goodbye. Or would give her a quick peck on her cheek. But Fili loved it. Because their father would gently trace his mothers face. Would trail his fingers through her thick brown locks. Sometimes he would take her beads and whisper words of good luck and prosperity.

The one time he had not done so their father never came back.

Fili was sure to whisper those same words of promise to his mother before they left.

Late nights were ment for dancing in their little home. Fili remembered his father pushing back the couches and chairs while his mother rolled the carpet up.

The two could dance for hours on end. Tangled within each other. Dis's face pressed into the croon of her husband's neck. Her fingers playing and the ends of golden braids. The only music to be had was his father's singing.

Some songs Fili recognized, others were ones his father made up.

His mother had nearly cried when she heard Fili singing one of those songs to his brother. The one song he remembered fully was about the promise of unending love and the promise of always having a home in his arms. The promise of security and hope of a bountiful life.

The same song Fili now sings to his sleeping lover late at night when he isn't able to sleep.

He was the luckiest dwarf in the world. He had the most stunning woman in his arms. Her head resting on his chest and her bare legs twining together with his own.

Her hands softly resting above his beating heart. The other holding a fistful of his hair.

He runs his hand up and down her bare back pressing kisses into her hair. He sings to her softly. That same song of love and hope.

His dreams and his fears.

Oh he never thought he could have this. These late nights in Erebor with the one he loves at his side.

To have someone love him for how he is. To accept and take all of his flaws and fears.

To love him more than just for a prince. At the promise of riches and gold beyond your wildest dreams.

Y/n loved him for him.

And he for her.

He pressed another trembling kiss into her hair. Tears threatening to spill past his lashes.

Past loves and been that of broken hearts and bleeding dreams.

Each one being a promise from another person. Wanting to marry in for gold instead of love.

It stopped one day when he told his uncle.

Told Thorin that he wouldn't marry out of pity or land.

He wanted the love his mother and father had or none at all.

Y/n stretched in his arms. Pulling herself up to press her chest against his own. The blankets falling past her hips as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Still caught in the world of sleep.

Fili sung to her. Hugging her with the fear that if he didn't he may loose her.

Because when he saw her he knew. He knew that he could have that love to. And he would be damned if he let it slip past his fingers.

When she loved him.

Oh when she loved him it was tbe softest love he had ever been given.

Gentle kisses and fresh baked bread.

Little white dresses and blood red roses held in sure hands.

When she loved him it was the softest love he had ever been given.

The only one he was not afraid of.

Fili hoped his father was proud from his place in the halls of Mahal.

Fili let his fingers fall through her hair. Watching as the sun rose and threw bars or light onto their little bed. He traced the lines of her face and the curves of her body.

Writing small symbols of protection onto her warm skin with the tips of his fingers.

He whispered words of hope into her ears. Loving the way her face twitched in her sleep.

He stole his way out from beneath her. Pressing kisses along her cheeks and shoulders when her eyes fluttered open.

He had to leave as the sun rose that day. But he whispered those same words to her.

He would always come back. Always.

As long as he loved her.

He would always come back.