Chapter Four

Four

Addison spent the next two weeks in Baton Rouge. She indulged in dining on the wealthy, taking their riches, and even stealing from those not so fortunate. She had to make sure she stockpiled money away before her fortunes depleted.

When more law enforcement started roaming the streets at night, she knew it was time to move on. And yet, she wasn't quite ready to return to her home on the outskirts of New Orleans. So she packed up her carriage and made her way to Gulf Port.

The smell of the gulf air was divine. It was so fresh and clean. She continued on in her nocturnal activities, seducing men only to lead them to the slaughter. Stealing, attacking, massacring. She was adapting to this new way of 'living' in a grand, bloody way.

She had managed to get herself invited to lavish parties, where she almost felt normal once again. Dancing and chatting, keeping up on the latest fashion trends and listening to the other young women gossip.

But then as always, the hunger would come. She would fight it when she could. The taste for blood was great and resisting the urge was so hard, but Addison would manage for a time. Those times were brief. Yet, she knew she had to try to control the impulses.

At one party, she had managed to get invited to a small family dinner. The wife, Vivian, had taken a shine to Addison and wished for her to meet her family.

Addison arrived the night for the dinner. The vivacious Vivian was kind, as was her husband, Thomas. They were a young couple, yet already had three children; darling little Thomas Jr., Edward and Adele. They were the portrait of a splendid family.

As dinner commenced, Addison just moved her food around on her plate, sipping her wine. When the Thomas noticed she was not eating, he inquired upon it. Addison feigned she was not feeling well. She received a gracious offer to a guest room to rest.

Addison made herself comfortable in the room, stripping down to her corset and petticoat. She listened and waited; sharp hearing tuned to the noises of the home and family. When the home became quiet, the family having retired for the night, Addison crept through the halls. She started in the children's rooms. One by one, she took each child up in her arms in a gentle manner, her mouth seeking that perfect spot where the blood pulsed within the neck. She killed each little one, draining them of their life giving blood. But her hunger was not sated; it was only a snack for her veracious appetite.  And it would not do to leave untidy 'loose ends.'

She made her way to the couple’s bedroom; her pale blue reflective eyes seeing everything clear in the darkness of the home. She entered into the bedroom, moving to the slumbering Thomas’ side of the bed. She climbed atop of him, straddling his waist, waking him. At his startled gasp and shocked questioning, he woke his wife.

Addison, using speed she hadn't known she possessed, reached a hand to clamp down on Vivian's throat, holding the woman still and quiet. She then leaned over the husband, and as she had done with the children, she roamed his neck for the pulsing beat. She smiled, showing her fangs in a toothy smile before moving to feed with greed from the man.  Her eyes, oh, they held steady with the young Vivian’s. It gave Addison a thrill, having an audience, albeit captive, as she fed. It gave her a perverse pleasure she hadn’t felt before in her life. When poor Thomas yielded no more blood, she moved to the trembling Vivian. She smiled pure sweetness to her. Addison kissed Vivian's cheek, leaving a bloodied mark where her stained lips had pressed. She then wasted no time as she tore into the woman's throat.

Finally, for the night, her hunger abated and she felt full and energized. She went into the washroom. She knew she had made a mess. She cleaned her face, chin and hands in the washbasin, sprucing her hair back into a presentable fashion. She then went through the house with an empty pillow case. She shoved anything of value into it before stepping off into the night, back to the small room above a restaurant she had rented.