We All Live in a Yellow Submarine~

"So this is your ship?" You held onto the railing as Bepo put you down.

"Yes!" The bear puffed up happily. "Isn't it great?"

"It sure is different...." You weren't an expert on the topic, but you were pretty sure most pirates had actual ships, not submarines with a bare deck.

The sun was beginning to rise, soft hues of orange and red filled the sky as morning began to break. Penguin's rescue mission had cut it close for you, but better late than never. You leaned more against the rails, bending over to resting your arms on them as you watched the rest of the crew scramble on board and run around in an attempt to prepare to leave.

Bepo offered you an apology as he hurried to join the crew and soon you were just about the only person left on the deck. Everyone except Penguin and another man had gone inside to do their jobs.

The two men approached you, both smiling widely.

"Miss, why don't you come inside? The Captain will be here soon." Penguin stood beside you, motioning to the one door that led into the ship.

"Nah, I don't want to get in the way. Don't want to overstay my welcome when he gets back either. I'm going to have to find a spot to lay low before it gets too late in the day."

"I thought you said she was coming with us!" The other man pouted. He wore the same jumper his friend did, but had a blue hat with a red bill instead and sunglasses that blocked his eyes from you.

"I thought she was!" Penguin raised his hands in his defense and turned to you. "Why don't you come along? You won't have to worry about avoiding the law here then."

"As fun as that sounds, this is the only place I have any leads for getting back my memories. I gotta see what I can find here." You scanned the beach and edge of town for the pirate captain. He still wasn't back and it was making you nervous all over again.

"So you've forgotten more than just your name." You jumped and almost fell to your feet as the man you were looking for appeared behind you, close enough to touch. His two men did the same, even letting out a collective yelp in surprise.

"Holy hell don't scare me like that!" You huffed and crossed your arms.

"Pay better attention then." He extended a hand, revealing your locket. "I hope this is it, I'm not going back there again."

You breathed a sigh of relief and reached for it, only for him to pull it right out of reach.

"I went through a lot of trouble to get this trinket. You didn't think I would do it for free, did you? I am a pirate after all." He flashed his teeth in a sly smile, the sunlight reflected off his golden eyes and gave him a mischievous glint.

Of course there was a catch. "And here I thought you were a nice guy." You retracted your hand and returned to crossing your arms.

"I am. Nice enough that I'll offer the nameless girl a job." He held the locket out once again, this time dangling it by it's chain and letting it swing from side to side. "Join my crew and you can have it back."

You looked back to the island and then to the locket. The island may hold answers for you, but there was also the chance it didn't. There was something drawing you to the necklace more than anything else as well. Something was telling you it couldn't be left behind.

"We don't have all day woman. Its time to set sail." He warned.

"I'm not wearing one of those matching suits." You pointed back to Penguin and his friend, both giddy with excitement.

"That's fine." He gave you the locket. "Welcome to the Heart pirates."

----

Right after "setting sail," the captain took you down to the infirmary to check out what he could do for your legs and head. After waking up earlier, the headache had crept back up on you. Now it was more of a migraine and every creak from the ship or sound of feet hitting the floors made you wince in pain.