Chapter 5

"It's coming! The Kobold Lord is coming at us!" Someone shouted out from another group. The giant monster started to run towards the raid group

"Argo! Lisbeth! We're going on the side to fight his Kobold Sentinel partners!" I shouted with my sword ready.

"Got it! Let's just take this as normal!" Lisbeth shouted alongside me and moved towards the smaller enemies in front of us and to the side of the boss.

Despite being comparatively smaller, these Kobold Sentinels were still more or less just as tall as us; with their massive clubs and chest-plate armor, alongside a metal helmet. They were still a fearful enemy, even with three of us fighting it as once.

It came at us and swung its spiked club overhead. I dodged out of the way as it came crashing onto the floor.

Lisbeth was the first to step forward with her own club. "I'll go first! I'll tell you two when to switch!" She said, her short brown hair swaying behind her. She swung her club from the side towards the Kobold and got quite a solid hit in. The enemy's health fell about an eight of the way from one hit, so things were looking good so far.

Lisbeth was easily able to see the Kobold start to attack again. She grinned with a bit of confidence as she easily parried the attack back.

"Switch!" She shouted. I dashed in, slashing at the Kobold's side and did more damage to it. It's health dropped down to the halfway point.

"Damn... this thing is tough!" I shouted, slashing again and dodging one of its hits. The health it had was ridiculously high. It wasn't surprising, considering that it was a partner to a boss monster. But I wasn't ready to stop yet!

I pressed my advantage further slashing into him and bringing his health down more. Eventually, I got it into the red.

However, my advantage started to fade as the Kobold finally recovered. He raised his weapon up again while I wasn't paying attention. And by the time I looked up, the weapon was already coming down on me. I tensed up and prepared for the hit to reach me.

"You idiot!" I hear Argo shout behind me as she rushed forward, parrying the hit for me. "You're not usually this reckless. What's going on?!?"

"S-Sorry... I got greedy..." I mumbled, falling back in a bit of a daze. I backed up and Lisbeth put her hand on my shoulder.

"Rest for a bit." She said, still eyeing down the enemy. "Are you Alright?"

"Y-Yeah." I nodded. "Sorry, I'm not sure what came over me. I think I started seeing red."

"It's alright. Everyone's a bit stressed out." She smiles and turned to me. "Just stay focused, and remember that you have teammates with you."

I paused for a moment before nodding to myself. "...Right. Thanks."

Soon after that, the Kobold Sentinel we were fighting disappeared as it's health dropped. It shattered like glass as we all shared the experience.

"Sorry, Argo. And thanks." I say, walking up to her after the short fight. "You saved me there."

She let out a sigh. "Don't mention it. Keep focusing, another wave is going to spawn as soon as the Boss's health gets down to red." She said, reminding us of the boss pattern for this fight.

Initially, the Kobold Lord uses an axe and a buckler. However, when he gets into the red on the last of his three health bars, he switches to a talwar. Not only that, but a new wave of these smaller enemies spawn in.

"Still... the attack groups are doing great." I mumbled as I watched them slowly, but surely, take down the Kobold Lord's health. They were already on the last health bar. Looks like you couldn't underestimate these players.