Prologue

»»-------------¤-------------««

" Name: Layla Jager
Age: 24
Gender: Feminine _ "

Same name, same routine. I've had a normal life, like almost everyone else in this world. I was always just one girl, I could fit in with either gender and it wouldn't matter, I didn't care that much. Wasn't ever bullied, even if I was, it wasn't about much. After all, how much different was I from them?

A lot, a lot different. 'Cause I didn't know, but all of that changes.

It started with my dad, he got ill after high school. It sounds normal enough, everyone gets sick sometimes. But this wasn't some normal cold, or some cancer that started to kick in. No. It showed up a few nights, me and my mom thought he might've caught something at work. We left him in bed for a while, treating him how everyone does to any type of cold, but after it didn't go away and only got worse, we got him to a doctor. They didn't know what it was, so we went to the closest hospital after that. They didn't find anything weird, they didn't find anything. My mom now works at home, or at the hospital near my dad.

This has been going on for a year now.
Next was distant family of mine. I went with my mom on a trip to my cousin's for a party, next thing we know, plates are thrown with utensils. They tables shifted, and the house a mess. No wind was there that day, no strings. It was like an earthquake, but worse, almost everyone saw something that day. Spreading from hallucinations, to phantoms and ghosts.

Unsettling? Yes. Weird? Very.
So I decided to read and research things like this, the closest I found to it was ghosts and spiritual things. Everything I didn't believe in.

What I used to not believe in.