Chapter 39

Rafs pov
I did what had to be done, Doug still wanted Mia dead and I can't take any risks with her and the baby. Doug made the biggest mistake of his life when he threatened her and the baby, I'd never let anyone hurt my family.
Mia asked me when we got home that day if I'd killed them, and I told her the truth, I did. She Understood why I killed Brianne and Doug, even she wanted them dead for what they did to her mother.
That night Mia just laid in bed in my arms crying all night, I'll admit it hurt me to see her like that, she was hurting finding out it was Doug and Brianne that killed her mother, Mia was reliving the grief of loosing her mother and there was nothing I could do to make things better.
For weeks now mias thrown herself into work, which I'm not happy about, she's doing way too much and it's too stressful for her and the baby, but she keeps saying she needs to do it, and that its helping her right now.
"Baby?.....babe?" I ask mia as she's typing away at her desk, she looks tired, she hasn't been sleeping properly, for a couple weeks after what happened at west investment with her father she had nightmares again, "hmmm?" She answers not taking her eyes of her screen.
"You need to slow down baby your working too much" I say in concern as I step over a sleeping tank on the floor and bring her a cup of tea in setting it down on her desk, it's 7am and she's already working, I woke up this morning and she wasn't in our bed, again.
"Why don't you finish your tea then go take a shower baby, we have our 20 week scan today" I say quietly as I kiss the top of her head, I'm hoping seeing the baby today will snap her out of this, she's been so quiet and so withdrawn it's been seriously worrying me. I look up at her screen...what's she doing?
"I know i just need to finish this to get everything ready for opening" she mumbles as she flicks through a 'project plan'...
"Baby what's this for? We don't have any projects open at the moment" I say in confusion as she takes a sip from her tea sitting back in her chair.
"It's what I've been working on for the last 8 weeks nearly" she reply's nonchalantly. "What's it for?" I ask as I scroll down some of the pages as she drinks her tea.
"Its a support centre for kids that have lost a parent, it's also a care centre for kids with no family or from a violent family background, there's legal help and a full support system for them there" she reply's quietly as I read over some of the pages.
She's bought and renovated a huge building in town, there's 30 rooms with 24/7 staff and help available, everything from full family support and councillors to police support for kids escaping abusive parents, mias set it up as a charity.... she's called it "'family first'.....I like it" I say smiling at her, she looks up at me with a small smile rubbing her much bigger bump now "this is what you have been working on non stop baby? This is amazing" I beam brightly at her, "yeah it is, it's helped me a lot these past weeks. After what happened with my father I kept having nightmares again" she says quietly as tank gets up from the floor and walks over resting his head on her lap. "I know baby" I say sadly as a now much larger tank nuzzles his head against her stomach

 "I know baby" I say sadly as a now much larger tank nuzzles his head against her stomach

"It got me thinking about everything that happened with... 'them' when I was growing up" Mia says sadly as she scrolls through her emails clicking on one, "so I wanted to do something to help kids who find themselves in bad situations, and help family's" she smiles rubbing her beautiful pregnant belly