King Of Spades X PartWerewolf!Reader. "The Key Of Freedom."

Au: Deltarune
Type: Fluff
Requested by: InkSpadefangirl :)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You had always been the type of person to believe any could change, that no matter what they'd done, they could turn their life around. That emotion of believing in someone had never be stronger than it was now.

You, Susie and Kris had been venturing through the dark world along with Ralsie. There hadn't been anything you and the group couldn't overcome, although, the talk of Lancer's dad had kinda made you dread having to meet him. And, not to mention, you were part Werewolf! Sometimes during your journey you would have "Outbursts." Things like getting cranky at the lack of meat there was in the Dark World, you know the deal. You had told zero people about your other side though, you were insecure about it. But things would be okay if you all stayed together, you'd be fine right?
Wrong.
It didn't take long before "The Fun Gang" had arrived at the Castle. And upon reaching the King, the team started falling apart. Kris basically had to hold Susie back from attacking the King, Ralsie under the stress started crying and you were trying to sweet talk the king out of killing you. (Which didn't seem to be doing much.) But eventually you all defeated him.

Now you, Susie and Kris were basically ready to leave, however you felt as if there was something you still had to do, and it was related to The King, well, the Former King now. "Um, actually, guys?" You asked Kris and Susie. "Yeah?" Susie replied. "You guys can go on without me for now, but do you mind if I stay a while?" "Uh, sure, I guess." Susie answered. Kris gave you a nod. "Thanks, anyways, I'll see you guys later." And just like that, you were off. Susie and Kris didn't even get to say bye to you before you ran off. As you ran to the throne room, you realised that you probably wouldn't be able to get home since you were half Werewolf, your soul might not be able to do it when it's only half human, but you'd worry about that later.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Lancer?" You yelled into the throne room. You saw Lancer peek his head over the throne at you. "Y/N! I thought you were heading home." He said. "Uh, yeah, I actually came back to ask you something." You told him. "Is their any chances that you could release the Former King?" "Which one?" Lancer asked. "Your dad." "Well,... I'm not really sure. Do you think he'd forgive us?" "Well, you see Lancer, I believe, that no matter how bad you are, you can always get your life back in order, and I'm willing to give him another chance." This was true. You belived he could be a little better. He could be a great King if he just tried.

"Well, I trust you Y/N, so, sure! Lets release him right now! Besides, this "King" stuff is boring." Lancer said. He jumped off the throne and took off the crown. "Follow me, I'll take you their." He then guided you through the Card Castle and to his dad's cell, he took the crown along to.

When you and Lancer got to the Basement Level he stopped for a second. "You're sure about this right?" "Sure as I'll ever be." You continued on your way to his cell, which didn't take that long since his cell was just two away from the elevators right. You and Lancer arrived infront of the cell. Inside, their was a small concrete slab of a bed and a very annoyed King. "H-hi!" Lancer akwardly said. "What do you want with me, fiends?" He yelled. Lancer hid behind your leg. "W-we came to release y-you." Lancer continued. "Oh, I-I forgot the keys, I'll go g-get them." Lancer ran away to get the keys, leaving you and the King alone.

"So, what is the meaning of this?" The King asked. "I asked Lancer to release you." You told him. "But why, after all I've done to you." He asked with a hint sorrow. "Well, I thought that you could be a better King, as long as you try, you can be great." You said. "Right, and what's the catch. He asked. "There is no catch, just be a good person, and mabye treat Lancer better." "Fine, I will accept your meaningless deal." There was silence once again. During this period of quietness you examined the bars that made up the wall of his cell. The gaps in between bars were actually quite wide, but the King still couldn't fit through them, but you probably could.

Out of curiosity you tried to slip through the bars. The King gave you wired look as you squeased through. After a second or two you managed to get through. "Ugh" The King went. When you got through you sat down on the floor next to him. "Lightner? "He asked you. "Yes? You said. "What's your name?" "Why the names Y/N 'Mr. King'" There was more silence.

"And another thing, Lightner, what's your world like?" You weren't expecting a questioning like that, so it took you a second to answer. "Well, it's uh, okay, I guess. We have a beautiful moon, wonderful tasty meat, but a surplus of bullys." "But, why would you be bullyed?" "Well you're one to ask, I'M bullyed because I'm half Werewo-" You stopped halfway into your sentence, you hadn't meant to say so much. "Hey, that's not so bad, it's not like that's a bad things." He told you.

You buried your face in your knees out of embarrassment. The King Of Spades pulled you closer. "You should not feel bad about yourself. I think that that's actually quite cool." You looked up at the King. "Do you?" You asked him. "Yeah." He said. He pulled you in for a hug which lasted for a entirety, and after a minute or two, you both fell asleep, in each others arms.

10 minutes later Lancer arrived with they key. "Dad, Y/N! I found they key, it was in R-" He saw the two of you snuggling up to each other. He didn't want to interupt you, so he simply opened the door for you and left.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You didn't end up leaving the Dark World. They were the only ones who understood you. Sometimes Kris and Susie would visit you. You would visit Ralsie every now and again. But now you spent most of your time the Card Castle with The King Of Spades, Lancer and occasionally Roulx Karrd.

You and the King had, ever since he was restored as the King, had got a whole lot closer and from there, your relationship got a lot more deep. The two of you really loved each other. Werewolf or not, Royalty or not. Lightner or Darkner.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So there you have it. Sorry if that was a little sloppy. I'm not used to writing stuff like that. But hey! There's a first time for everything.
Goodbye and KEEP THAT LIGHT SHINING IN YOUR SOUL❤!
Words: 1195