Chapter One

The blue haired girl stared at the scary building in front of her.
"My first day at Piss High School...." she mumbled to herself, grabbing a piece of her hair and playing with it.

Today was Miku's first day of highschool- well, her first day of school in general. She had been homeschooled all her life before her parents had died tragically when their house burned down. Her grandparents shipped her off to a boarding school down in California, since they weren't well enough to take care of her on their own.

So, there she was, standing terrified and anxious in front of a big boarding school. No friends, no siblings, no relatives anywhere close- she was all alone.

She took a deep breath in as walked into the front door.

The inside of the school looked like a castle. The floor was covered in shiny marbled tile, big, white columns holding up the balconys, and a beautiful white staircase leading up to the dorms and library. She turned to her left to see a door and a big window with a office like room on the opposing side. A fancy plaque above the door read 'STUDENT OFFICE' in cursive.

I guess that's where I go, Miku thought. She put on a smile and walked up to the window.

A girl, who looked about Miku's age, sat on the other side playing a game on her phone. She had brown hair cut to her shoulders with her bangs swept to each side of her head,  and two little braids hanging down by her face. She wore a pink student uniform with an oversized black varsity jacket.

Miku stood there for a minute, waiting for the girl to notice her. After realizing the girl probably wasn't going to notice her anytime soon, she tapped on the glass.

The girl looked up from her phone and rolled her eyes. She made her way over to the window, and leaned over then pressed a button by the microphone on the desk by the window.

"Don't tap on the fucking glass," she said monotonously into the mic. She sat down in the chair, turning her attention to the computer monitor at the desk.

"Oh, I'm so-"

"Don't care," She sighed, clicking and typing away at the computer. "What do you want? Do you even go here?"

The girl looked Miku up and down, seemingly scoffing at her outift. Miku suddenly felt very insecure about herself, maybe she should've picked out something more fancy than sweatpants and an old hoodie.... maybe she isn't as fancy like all the other girls in this school.

Ah, get your shit together, Miku!

"A-Actually, I'm new here!" She smiled brightly. "Miku Hatsune, what's your name?"

"Laura," She groaned, pulling up Miku's information on the computer. "Miku Hatsune. Do you need your schedule or something?"

"Uh, yeah! That would be nice..." Miku's voice got smaller as she realized this girl didn't really have any interest in being her friend.

Miku waited patiently as the printer printed out her schedule. The girl handed the paper to Miku, then looked back at her screen.

"God, you smell like rotten raw beef." Laura groaned, covering her nose. Miku blushed and wondered how she could smell her through the glass.... "Take your stuff to your dorm first. Up the stairs and to the left."

Laura pulled the curtains shut to cover up
the glass. It was almost like a way to tell Miku 'Go away, no one wants you here.'

She walked over to the staircase groaned. Miku was not one for physical activity, especially this early in the morning. She began walking up the stairs, and beforw she knew it, she hit the steps with a hard thud.

----
A/N

this book is for the sock gc only. no one else read it or i'll rip your fucking head off and feed it to the ducks. thanks:3