One

Bret was the first one up early the next Morn, but part of him wasn't surprised by that, even though it'd typically be outside the norm. Waking up to roll over and feeling like he was starving on top of having an overly-full bladder warned him that he was on the verge of being in trouble. Even if he felt like laundering his sheets at some point before that Night, as a diabetic, he couldn't afford to sleep in, if he woke feeling hungry or shaky. That was a good way to get himself into some serious trouble, as far as his Health went, and he really didn't wanna wind up back in the hospital.

        Normally, the lone brunette of his band was the first of them to rise and shine for the Morn, just as he'd been since their Days of squatting in a warehouse together. Being whacked out on painkillers for his broken hand for the last week or so, he'd become the last of them to wake for the Day. It wasn't much of a surprise that he wasn't already up, if he'd taken one of those painkillers before going to bed.

        Shortly after he'd gotten up to Silence his bladder and check his sugar, the front man looked up from his search through the fridge for the jelly he always kept on hand when he heard shuffling. Part of him wasn't surprised to see his drummer stumble outta the bunk room, hairy chest on full display since he hadn't bothered with a shirt yet. Bret waved to him as he found what he was searching for and headed over to the couch with it, knowing he needed it–and fast.

        His hand kinda flopped limply as Rikki Returned his friend's wave, then his arms rose in a back-cracking stretch. When he'd fallen asleep the Night previous, he'd wound up in one of the weirdest positions he'd ever fallen asleep in in his Life. There was no doubt that he'd have a sore back today, but luckily, it was another one of their Days off–and the final blonde, CC, was actually pretty damn good at massages. Maybe he'd be able to talk him into giving him one so he could get back to his new norm of taking care of Rob once the bassist woke for the Morn. If not, he'd just try to find his Advil and stretch it out as much as he could while not hurting himself any worse.

        "Woke up shaky again?" CC asked sleepily as he joined the other blondes in the front lounge.

        "Not exactly shaky as much as hungry," the front man answered, screwing the lid back on his jar. "But my sugar was a lil too low when I checked it, so I figured I'd better play it safe with a couple spoonfuls before I grab anything else."

        "Prolly for the best, dude," Rikki chuckled. "Bobby's enough of a handful right now–we don't need you winding up in the hospital again, 'cuz of your diabetes."

        "That was what I was thinking," he laughed. "Course, you're the one who decided to take on Bobby as a dependent when he really needs the help."

        "Well, you've enough on your plate, and CC's been worn out more than normal lately," the drummer said with an eye-roll. He wasn't about to mention the guitarist's increasing dependence on cocaine again, 'cuz it never Ended well.

        "Yeah, Rikki's kinda the last one besides Howie or one of the roadies who can help him out right now," said shortest blonde agreed. "I don't trust myself with doling out his painkillers properly instead of just taking 'em all, myself."

        "I should hope not at once," Bret said, a stern note to his voice.

        "Damn, Bret–I'm crazy, but not like that!" he cried, vehemently shaking his head. "But comin' down ain't no joke, either–it hurts like a bitch, and I can't even Begin to describe it."

        "All the more reason to get help for your problem," the front man told him, holding up a hand when he started to snap at him. "That's all I'm saying on it right now, C. I woke up in a pretty good mood this Morn, and I'd rather it not get ruined before the demon wakes since we know he's gonna be in pain right off the bat."