Hospitalized

Ming stood outside Yo's door, phone to his ear while he knocked incessantly at his best friend's door. "Yo! Get your lazy butt up and let's go! We have a limited amount of time to get your new phone before practice!" There was no answer. Yo neither picked up Ming's call nor did he open the door. In fact, there wasn't a sound inside the room. "Yo! Come on, man!"

"Nong, you're too loud."

Ming turned, giving Pha a pleading look. "P, can you help me? My friend isn't answering the door, and we were supposed to go get him a new phone today."

Pha frowned in concern. Maybe Forth was right, and Wayo had taken ill?? "Do you have a spare key?"

"No," Ming shook his head.

Pha turned, heading for the stairs. "Wait here in case he opens the door. I'll get a spare from security." It took him only ten minutes to get another key, and he was back in front of Yo's door with Ming. He unlocked it. "Are you sure he's even in here?"

"He never even answered my texts last night, P," Ming sounded tired and annoyed. "He probably got so engrossed in a manga, he-Yo!"

Both guys rushed over to the bed at the sight of Yo struggling to breathe, face even more flushed from fever. They could hear his teeth chattering from chills that shook his body.

He cracked his eyes open, moaning in pain. "M-Ming...?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were sick??" Ming asked, laying a hand on his friends head and hissing at the heat he felt. "Shia, Yo! You have such a high fever!"

"His phone fell on the floor," Pha noted, absentmindedly picking it up and placing it on the bedside table.

Ming glanced at it. "That would explain why he didn't answer my messages. Yo?"

Yo's eyes had slid back shut. He didn't respond to Ming saying his name, nor to his gentle nudges on the arm. A small part of Yo registered Ming's presence, but the rest of him was barely aware of the real world beyond his feverish dreams.

"P, we need to get him to the clinic," Ming darted over to Yo's desk, grabbing his wallet for his ID and insurance cards. He had never felt so scared before. His hands were shaking, and he could only hope his friend would be okay.

Pha carefully slid an arm under Yo's neck and the other under his knees, gently lifting the smaller guy up off the bed. "Forget the clinic, he needs the hospital." He walked out of the dorm with Ming close behind, holding Yo tighter to his chest so he wouldn't drop him while descending the stairs.

"Your car?"

Pha headed straight for his vehicle. "Yes. I'm going to put him in the backseat. Can you sit back there with him and make sure he doesn't jostle around too much?"

 Can you sit back there with him and make sure he doesn't jostle around too much?"

"Of course, P." Ming slid in first, setting Yo's head on his lap. Yo didn't wake up at all during the transfer, just moaned softly in his sleep. "Hang on, Yo," Ming whispered, brushing his friends bangs out of his face. "We're gonna get you some help. You'll be okay."