Chapter Six

Avengers compound

Bruce was seen fiddling and pressing buttons on a panel. Lang stood in a suit in front of the van  he claimed he came from after being stuck in for five years.

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uhhh... the van thing!" Banner announced.

Suddenly a portal opens up in front of them. "Woah." Athea breathed out.

"Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby." Steve added.

"Good. 'Cause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose Tiny here in the 1950's." He joked. Steve, Lang, and Natasha turned to him with a panicked look. Athea only looked at him in confusion.

"Excuse me?" Lang questioned clearly freaked out.

"He's kidding!" Athea stated. "I think?"

"You can't say things like that!" Natasha whispered to the green scientist and gave a look to the innocent alien.

"Just... It was a bad joke." He played it off like it was nothing. Athea began to back up away from the the portal.

"You were kidding, right?" Natasha questioned with worry laced within her words.

Banner turned to the red head and quickly explained "I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." The green man turned toward Ant-man with a thumbs up.

"We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Makes sense?" Banner ordered.

"Perfectly. Not confusing at all." Lang was unsure. "Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve did a nod with his head.
"You're right. I do, Captain America!" Lang announced.

"On the count of three. 3... 2... 1!" Banner presses a button making the man disappeared.
Athea grew closer to the portal waiting for his return.

After about Ten seconds, Banner presses the button again and a younger looking Scott land appeared. "Uhh guys. This...this doesn't feel right."

"What is this?" Steve questioned.

"What's going on?" Athea asked frantically.

"That...who is that!" Natasha demanded.
Banner stated to fix the problem by pushing other button on the panel. "Hold on!" He yelled.

"Is that Scott?" Athea asked Banner.
"Yes! Yes it's me Scott!" The teen answered before getting sucked in by the portal again. This time an elderly man appeared in the place of the teenager.

"Ow! My back!" The old man cried.

"What the hell is this?" Steve asked.

"Um! Can I get a little space here!" Banner grew frantic.

"Yeah yeah. Can you bring him back?" Steve backed off a bit. Athea started to back out of the room but Natasha grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"I'm working on it!" He yelled. He began to press other buttons on a side panel trying to get back Lang. The old man disappeared and was sucked into the portal again.

After a couple of minutes, a baby sat on the floor in the place of the two before. "It's a baby." Athea stated with questioning in her voice.

"It's Scott!" Banner said.

"As a baby!"Steve argued.

"He'll grow back!"

"Bring Scott back!" Steve ordered. Everything was just a mess. It seemed like Banner didn't know he was doing.

"When I say kill the power, kill the power!" He told Natasha. Athea wanted to leave the room immediately, like right now.

"Oh my god." Natasha zipped over to the generator.

"Aaaaand... Kill it!" He announced.

Natasha pulled down the lever and everything went black meaning it shut off. Finally the normal Scott appears back in front of the four.

"Somebody peed my pants." He made a disgusted face. Athea let out a "Ew." Before scooting away from the grown man.

"Thank god." Natasha sighed in relief.

"But I don't know if it was "baby" me or "old" me...Or just "me" me." Lang finished.

The scientist held his hands in the air with a happy face "Time Travel!"

Everyone looked at him in disbelief before Athea facepalmed with an annoyed expression.