Chapter Seven

While everyone was out running errands, the brunette alien was left by herself in the avengers compound. She sat in the library playing around with everything she came across.

Her fingers trailed until it hit a black box, her fingers pressed the 'Power' button and watched as it came to life.
A nice rhythm started to echo throughout the room.

It was familiar to her ears, it was a song she heard passing the church running her daily two miles, she smiled softly and sat down. It was quite calming to her 

"You call me out upon the waters,
The great unknown,
where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand." 

She sighed and stood up, "F.R.I.D.A.Y? Play song throughout the facility." Athea called out. The AI beamed on "Playing, Oceans by Hillsong UNITED." It answered back to her.

"And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine"

Athea slipped on a jacket over her tank top and walked out of the meeting room/ library. Her bare feet squealed on the floor. She didn't know what do to in the building and she couldn't exactly leave either without anyone with her.

She found herself in a hallway, pictures of the team spread across the walls. They were people she hadn't seen before. A younger looking teen, a man with an arm of metal, a woman and a red man holding each other.

Family.

Athea realized they were the lost loved ones. Now that she was left under care of Natasha, the assassin was her family. She never really knew about hers though.It was a shame.

Her fingers trailed off to a picture of everyone together in one picture smiling. This was clearly taken before Carol and Athea had shown up. They all looked so happy.

"Ms. Athea?" F.R.I.D.A.Y called out. The brunette looked up and took her fingers off the frame "yes? Hello?" Athea answered.

"Ms. Romanoff wanted me to inform you they are coming back now. Are you feeling any kind of pain today?" The AI questioned.

The brunette shook her head "No Friday. Tell them I'm fine."

"Okay. They have been informed. Have a good day Ms.Athea."

The woman smiled and she found herself in the kitchen. She found her body digging into the fridge and found some left over takeout labeled 'Steve.'

Athea shrugged and used her abilities to burn the paper off and brushed off the ashes.

"Yummy!" She smiled and started to dig into the food.

__________________________

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Natasha asked as she helped Athea braid her hair. The brunette nodded in response and pulled her gloves. They were all dressed in red and white suits to complete the time heist.

"Your being sent in alone. You want me to sen-" Athea shushed the red-head assassin and stood up in front of her.

"Nothing will happen to me! I'll stay alive!" She started and pulled her friend up. "I'll do anything to come back. Your my new family so of course I wouldn't leave you!" Athea hugged her.

Natasha mumbled an "okay." and patted her back. The two of them were so close they felt a special bond between them. Since Carol was always gone, Natasha and Steve would help introduce Athea to earth customs.

For example, she learned that when hugging, you don't hug back so tightly that you crush their organs. Poor Steve...

"Alright kiddo." Natasha said.

______________________

Athea was messing with her bracelet that wrapped around her right wrist. It was given to her by Natasha and Carol when they visited an old fleece market. All three of them had one,no one took theirs off unless they were showering.

"These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more!" Lang told Banner. The green scientist backed off in response.

"Scott, calm down." Rhodey said.

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." Scott explained before he accidentally pushed the button. He shrunk and turned big right before their eyes.

"One test run." He laughed nervously. Athea shook her head before heading towards the panel. She was nervous to what's she'll find in the past. Steve, Nat, Tony, Scott, Bruce, Rhodey and Nebula stood at the control panel.

"All right. I'm not ready for this." Scott grew nervous.

"I'm game. I'll do it." An unfamiliar voice entered the room. Athea's head perked up to see and older looking man. Natasha's mood lightened to see her best friend show up. If she trusts him then maybe Athea can too. He walks into the room wearing the same suit everyone was wearing.

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it." Banner told the archer who took his position beside Athea on the Platform.

"Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and..." Rhodey made a choke hold with his hands making Athea laugh. Natasha was quickly to pinch her for her behavior making her yelp.

"First of all, that's horrible..." banner said in a disgusted voice.

"It's Thanos." Rhodey answered.

"And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future." The scientist explained.

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott said.

"Bingo." Clint supported him

"That's not how it works." Nebula argued. Even Athea had to agree, it wasn't all simple.

"Well, that's what I heard." Clint said.

"What? By who? Who told you that?" Banner questioned.

"Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time -" Rhodey began to name off movies.

"Quantum Leap -"

"A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time"