mothman x reader

You found yourself in a sticky situation as you often do. See you were chaotic as h*ck. Since you were a moderately young adult, you were in peak crackhead years and it was catching up to you quickly. Here you were, a youthish person but your expiration already appeared to be nearing. You didn't really have that passion for life anymore. You just did what you did when you did it and hoped for the best. This time you had really messed up.
     You were driving along to visit an old relative near Point Pleasant, West Virginia. Since you were in West Virginia you were blasting John Denver's Take Me Home Country Roads. Obviously. You found yourself a little too caught up in that sweet, sweet chorus and it was particularly foggy as you crossed a bridge. That's when you saw him. The being that would change your life forever.
     Through the fog and the lit jam session you just barely noticed the giant being flying through the air in front of you. The tiny glimpse you saw mesmerized you. He was radiant. He had to be at least 10 feet tall. He almost looked like a huge, gray bird, but you knew better. The eyes gave it away. They were the brightest red you had ever seen. They cut through the fog and looked deep into your soul. You'd also never seen a bird with abs like that. You felt a new emotion in that instant. You couldn't put a name to it though. It was more intense than anything you had felt in months. Suddenly your life had meaning again. You had been wasting your potential at a dead end job for your entire adult life but seeing him made you remember why you loved being alive. A huge grin spread across your face. Then it quickly fell again as you went careening off the bridge into the valley below.
     You lurched awake in a hospital bed. The nurse next to you jumped and dropped the clipboard she had been holding. As she picked it back up, a flurry of questions left your mouth.
     "Where am I? What happened? Am I gonna live? What day is it? Who was that guy? Is he here? Did he ask about me? Do you think he wants my number? Did he ask for my number? Do you even have my number? Do you think he thought I was cute? Do I look cute now? Maybe I can still catch him if I hurry." The questions flew forth and before the nurse could respond you were climbing out of bed. You desperately wanted to go see the entity that saved your life and also almost ended it. It was almost like you could feel him calling out you. Like your hearts were connected somehow.
     "Just slow down now missy," the nurse responded as she gently pushed you back into the bed. "You just woke up, we have tests to run before you can leave."
     "Did a man-bird-creature ask about me? He'd be around 10 feet tall and gray with these huge, sexy wings and washboard abs and the most gorgeous red eyes you've ever seen" you asked quickly as you looked around for any sign of him.
     "No, no bird creature but we did find a note on your body at the scene of the accident. Someone had pulled you away from your car and called 911 but they left before we got there. Would you like to see the note?" The nurse was very polite considering what you had asked.
     "Yes please," you said urgently. You had a feeling that this note was from him and that it would help you to find him. As it turns out, you were right.

Dear (y/n),
     I am the reason for your crash and for that I am sorry. I was meant to warn you of the danger your life was in had you continued living that way. Instead, I posed a great danger to you. I know that you saw me on the bridge. You were meant to see me, of course, but it still startled me when you did. I have never felt such a connection in all my years on this earth. I know that you may never want to see me again, and I would not blame you for that. I nearly took your life from you. It is unforgivable. However, if you felt what I felt and wish to see me again, I would be glad of it. I will be around. I have been near you since the unfortunate accident I caused. I have taken it as my duty to protect you until you no longer wish for me to be near you. If you want me gone, you need only write me a note saying so. I will not pester you further. I will always respect your boundaries. If you decide you want me around, you may simply say so by word or paper. I will be receptive to either. If you need more time to decide that is fine as well. If you do not respond in any manner, I will assume you have not yet decided and keep to my place in the shadows. If at any time forward you say you want me gone, you will not hear from me again. I hope to hear from you soon.
                     -MM
     You physically felt your heart skip a beat. You beamed, and the nurse seemed happy for you. She ran a few tests and said you would be staying overnight for observation. As soon as she left you alone, you began the decision for what to say.
     As the moonlight shone down on you through the window in your hospital room, you began to feel nervous. You had written a short note stating you were, in fact, interested in knowing Him further and then you took a short nap. When you awoke, the note was gone. You weren't sure if the nurse had taken it or if He had been in the room with you for a moment. The thought of it made you smile. You realized how late it was getting and decided to try to sleep. You figured he would be in contact after you left the hospital.
      As you drifted out of consciousness, you suddenly felt a hand stroke your cheek. You snapped back to reality and saw Him. He was as radiant as you remembered and possibly even taller. When you flinched, he pulled his hand away and backed up a few feet. You smiled at him as he looked away in embarrassment. The awkward tension in the room made you nervous as you began to sweat. You had to break the tension because the big, shy dork next to you obviously wasn't going to initiate anything.
     "Thank you for saving me" you attempted.
     The room was silent again for a few moments as a number of emotions filled his eyes. You waited patiently for an answer.
      "I... I did not save you..." he quietly responded with a voice that shook you to your core. "I was the one who nearly took your life in the first place you should not thank me for the small amount of damage control I did" he finished, clearly ashamed of himself.
     You slowly reached out and took his hand in your own. He did not pull away and slowly his gaze met yours.
     "I don't blame you for what happened. I was the one who wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. You caught ME slipping that's on ME. So don't beat yourself up over it, okay?" You spoke directly from your heart while you looked into his eyes. He smiled weakly.
     "Are you sure you want to be with me?" He asked after another small pause.
     "Absolutely," you responded.
     "Then let's get out of here."
     You unhooked yourself from the various machines you were attached to. You asked him to turn around and changed from your hospital gown into some proper clothes he had brought you. When you were ready, you turned him around again. You stood still for a moment looking into each other's eyes. Eventually, he stooped down and gently kissed you. After a few moments, he broke the kiss and picked you up. As you made yourself comfortable against his chest and adjusted to your temporary height, you realized the window had been opened.
     "Are you ready?" He softly whispered into your ear. You nodded in response, and he flew through the window. You were both thrilled to begin a new life. Together.