This is the best place we can be in

The entire plane ride and the drive back to their house from the airport was quiet. Jungkook had not said a word to Tae and Tae didn't open his mouth either. Tae and Jungkook went to their respective rooms. Jungkook's room is a part of the living room. They put up a curtain to give him privacy. It felt like a separate room by itself so that's great. The only problem was that they can easily hear everything going on behind the divider and the same goes for the noise in the living room.

Jungkook was annoyed that Tae agreed to the fake girlfriend thing. He also knew that Tae knew about him not liking this. But it is not like Jungkook could have a say in who Tae dates or fake dates. They were not in a relationship. Tae made that pretty clear the night before at the hotel in New York.

The silence is between the two of them was killing Jungkook. He needed to talk to Tae. He needed to talk to his best friend. Jungkook walked up to Tae's bedroom door. He knocked and opened the door slightly to see Taehyung cuddling Yoongi while they were talking. Tae looked up at Jungkook and straightened up. Jungkook knew that they were just really close but he couldn't help but feel a little jealous that Yoongi has a special place with Tae. A place that he could only dream of being in.

"Yoongi, can I talk to Tae for a minute? Alone?"

"Yeah, sure." He got off the bed and left the room.

Jungkook walked up to Tae's bed and sat down next to him against the headboard.

"I am sorry."

"It's okay." He gave a tight-lipped smile and kissed my cheek.

Jungkook slowly got under the covers and wrapped his arm around Tae's torso, nuzzling his head in the brunette's neck. He giggled. Jungkook knew that he is ticklish near his neck.

"That's the smile I was waiting for." Jungkook said looking up at his face. He has his wide boxy smile.

They stayed silently in the same position for a while until Jungkook spoke up first. "What were you and Yoongi talking about?"

"He noticed that I was upset. He came to ask what it was about. He was just a little worried. Don't think too much about it. He was just trying to comfort me."

"I didn't mean to hurt you." Jungkook said looking away from him.

"Hey, look at me." He said pulling up the ravenette's chin. "Stop blaming yourself. You make me one of the happiest people on the planet. On little thing like this does not take away the countless moments you made me smile, baby."

Jungkook pecked him in the lips. "I'm sorry. I could not stop myself-"

Tae grabbed Jungkook's face and kissed him again. Slowly but passionately. He pulled away. "I'm sorry but I couldn't either."

The ravenette blushed and nuzzled against Tae's neck hugging him really tight. He had a feeling that things were going back to the way they used to be. They might actually get back together and this made the ravenette so so happy.

***

"Guys, Bang PD called us in for a meeting tomorrow at 10AM sharp. He told us to stay in the building after dance practice starting at 5AM." Namjoon announced during dinner while Jin and Tae were cooking and the rest of us were setting up the table.

"I'll be there at 5PM sharp." Yoongi said making Tae chuckle.

"Yoongiii." Namjoon whined.

"Fine. Fine." Yoongi replied making Namjoon smile.

They all sat for dinner and ate. They usually caught up with each other during this time like a family. Talked about TV shows and gossiped a little too.

"So, Tae, I think the meeting tomorrow might be about your new girlfriend. Are you excited?" Jin wiggled his eyebrows.

This made Jungkook a little bit uncomfortable. Taehyung noticed him shifting in my seat uncomfortably so he just laughed awkwardly and changed the topic to Jimin's new shoes. Jungkook asked to be excused early from dinner and went to his room. Or technically to his side of the living room.

Jungkook jumped on his bed and began scrolling through his phone. He felt the bed dip on his left. He looked up and saw Tae sitting next to him.

"You can't always be like that when anyone talks about me or my love life." He whispered.

"But I do not like listening to people go on about you being with someone else." Jungkook retorted.

"I am not with someone else and you need to stop being so possessive, Kook." He said a little loudly.

"You have not exactly made me feel like you and I are anything but friends with benefits, Taehyung. And that's a shitty place to leave someone who genuinely cares about you." Jungkook raised his voice a little too.

"I have told you how much I care about you. You know that we cannot be together. I do not know what you want me to do, Jungkook. There is nothing any of us can do." He stood up from Jungkook's bed heaving an exasperated sigh.

"What we are doing now is the best place we can be in. We cannot be anything but a secret. I know that the truth sucks but you know it as well as I do. And if you want to stop, just say the word and it will be like I was never a part of your life."

Jungkook began to slowly tear up upon hearing those words. Tae saw him and quickly sat next to him on the bed. He cupped the ravenette's face and wiped the fallen tears.

"This is why I said that we should stop two years ago. I did not want to see you hurt or get hurt myself." Tae nuzzled into Jungkook's neck.

"Don't say that. I can't be the way we were back then."

"When will we stop hurting each other?" Tae played with Jungkook's fingers.

"Taehyung-" Yoongi barged into my space making Taehyung spring away from Jungkook. This really bummed Jungkook out. He didn't jump away like that when he was cuddling Yoongi.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to tell you that I asked Hobi to switch beds with me for tonight so we can have those weird sleepover things you like." Yoongi shrugged.

Taehyung jumped off the bed excitedly and dragged Yoongi out after waving a goodbye to the ravenette. Jungkook smiled at how cute he can be sometimes and laid back down on his bed.

When it was around 11:35PM, Jungkook slowly snuck into Tae's room and slid inside his bed covers. Tae instinctively wrapped his arms around the ravenette's torso and stayed asleep. Jungkook kissed his forehead and drifted off to sleep himself.