Surrounded by Shadows Chapter :5

(Warning blood and gore may be present in this chapter so be warned!)

Charlie woke up in her bed. She had fallen asleep last night during the movie. She yawned and got out of bed, got dressed, then walked down stairs to find neon lights streaked across the walls, ceilings, and floors. It was pure neon nothing holding it in place yet it was still there. There was also a streak of blood near the door. Charlie ran over to the door it was relatively early in the morning and knew no one would be up just yet. The blood streaked across the floor from the bar, it was all over the door and lead out the door and into an alleyway by the hotel Charlie gasped at the sight in front of her. The blood was splattered all over the dumpster and covered the walls as a limp body sat decapitated leaning against it.

Charlie walked over scared to the body. It was a clean cut on their neck and the head of the once lovely demon sat in shreds in the dumpster. But what scared her more is that the key to their room was next to them, covered in their blood. Charlie almost puked from how frightened she was, one of her patrons were murdered in the hotel....

Just as Charlie picked up the key a scrapping of claws cut through the air chocking the breath out of her lungs. Charlie turned around as fast as she could to find nothing. But the next thing that happened made her heart drop in her chest two hands from behind her gripped her shoulders. Her pupils shrank as she slowly turned her head to find a blood covered Alastor behind her. She screamed from the look in his eyes and the blood streaked all over his body. "Why hello my dear...what are you doing here?" Alastor asked cocking his head. She saw something wrong with him, his eyes once again were different they changed...

Alastor started walking closer to her as she backed away from him. "What did you do!" Charlie cried. "Oh this haha it's nothing my dear now then, what seems to be wrong," as soon as he said that his eyes changed back to normal. His face went from malicious to confused quickly then his face turned to horror as he looked down at his hands. "No, Charlie please I can explain!" Alastor reached out his hand to her and walked over to her but she ran, she ran as fast as she could leaving Alastor crying her name as the cries went quite in the distance.

Alastor collapsed to his knees. His face full of shock and his smile had slipped away. (He looks like this)

Husk came out of the hotel from the commotion and turned to look at the mess that was Alastor

Husk came out of the hotel from the commotion and turned to look at the mess that was Alastor. His eyes went wide but thin turned to sympathy. He walked over to Alastor.

"You knew this would happen eventually didn't you?" Husk asked Alastor looking down at him. "I did, but I thought I was past this," Alastor looked at his friend." Now you lost her, listen it will be ok," Husk said putting his hand in Alastor's back. "No, your wrong my friend, it's not, this so just like last time," Alastor looked down. "You can still change can't you? Pull yourself together, anyway "your never fully dressed without a smile", Husk held out his hand to help Alastor up.

"Did you seriously just take my line," Alastor chuckled at Husk. "Ya ya enjoy it while it lasted," the same grumpiness returned to husks face. "Haha there's the demon I know I thought you were someone different just now," Alastor smiled. "Har har alright Nifty and I will clean this get rid of the blood on you and find Charlie," Husk turned tot he mess. Alastor nodded and with a wave of his newly appeared staff his clothes changed to new ones and he ran off into the deeper recesses of the city. (Sorry I didn't update yesterday I got really busy -w- how you enjoy this chapter and stay tuned~)