Chapter 21 - Who Made The Princess Laugh

Hiiii! If you have liked my work, do follow me and vote on the chapters!

"-5x can be split as -7x+2x to make it a factor.."

"Hey, Alice!

I glanced up at the voice that called out my name. It was a boy clad in a white uniform, the logo of the tennis club on his shirt pocket, and a racquet cover slung across his back.

It was Caleb from section B. We were together until last year when the classes reshuffled.

"Yo! What's up?"

"What's up, class rep?"

I nodded towards the playground, where Kaidon was barking orders to his football teammates. He was newly appointed as the team captain, and everyone hated him already, including me.

"You're waiting for him?"

"Waiting? I am being forced to wait! Mum is like, "you should be grateful that boy wants to drop you home safely every day." Grateful, my ass!"

"Mrs Reed is always so sweet." He laughed, and I pouted, biting the back of my pencil.

Quadratic equations are lame. I want something more challenging.

"So... umm... Alice.."

"Yep?" I blinked at him, and he averted his gaze, scratching the back of his head.

"I was wondering... do you have any plans for Saturday?"

Huh? Saturday? I don't think I do.

Wait, oh my god, am I getting asked out?!

"Yes, she does!" A barking voice announced, and we jerked our heads in the direction of the sound. A sweat clad Kai climbed the stairs to where I was seated and grabbed a towel from his handbag to dry himself.

"Who said that!" I asked as I jumped up on my feet and narrowed my eyes at him.

"I did." He answered, meeting my gaze back, staring down at me, taking advantage of the extra inches of height he had gained on me over the last one year.

"You wish!" I snorted.

"We have to solve the math problems together."

"I just finished that."

"Well, I haven't! And you can't quit on me, or I am gonna tell aunt Lily that you-"