You've Got a Friend

(*sigh* me and my writers block, I've come back to these chapters several times just staring at the screen having no idea what to do and then just giving up and going back to reading more fanfics. I think I'm going to start heading into the Angst direction in a while, I mean come on, I can't stop myself.)

Ant awoke the bright sunlight blinding his partially woken eyes. For the first time in a while the burning in his heart had completely gone and instead, he felt warmth and love. He turned onto his side and stared at the picture of him and Dec that had been carefully placed on his bedside table. Last nights events were still burning in the back of his mind, I mean how could he ever forget the night where his life all made sense.

*Flashback*

"Alright Dec I'm exhausted." A throughly sleepy Dec had been murmuring something but his attention was grabbed and Dec seemed eager to help. Dec bounced up and ran to his room coming back with a duvet and a pillow.

"Is that for me?" Ant asked.

"No it's for me."

"You can't Dec..."

"I bloody can!"

"But Dec I-"

"You are sleeping in my room, no ifs. Ands. Or buts."

"Fine." Ant sighed, he couldn't argue with this adorable man in front of him.

"Go in the first room on the left down the hall, in the closet should be a loose shirt and some pajama bottoms. Then across the hall from my room is the bathroom and some extra toiletries in the medicine cabinet."

Ant was gobsmacked.

"Wow. Okay. You have definitely... changed."

"Yeah, yeah. Just get ready for bed."

"Okay Mam."

Dec glared at him and Ant got up with a smile.

"Good morning!" A cheery Dec walked in the room a big smile on his face but also concern written all over it.

"Spit it out." He commanded.

"What do you mean."

"No time for games Declan."

Dec sighed. "Okay, Okay, I just saw you limping last night and it concerned me. That's all."

"Oh... yeah."

"What happened?"

"I Sprained me ankle about a month ago, it's not healing properly."

"Oh goodness! You should go to the doctor."

"I can't afford it Dec."

"I Can!!!"

"How? You live in a flat!"

"Better than were you live!"

Ant gasped and glared at him. "Now that's not fair and you know it!"

"Then don't complain about my Flat, I'm the only reason your alive right now!"

"Your right. I'm sorry."

" I forgive you.... Anyway, Hop in the car here's the keys, leave them on the seat for me will ya?"

"Sure thing Dec."

Ant made his way out to the car and sat in the passenger side. Waiting for Dec gave him some time to think back to that fateful day in March 2018...

Ant walked to his car light-headed and with slightly wobbly legs. His mother was waiting there for him with a slightly concerned look plastered across her facial features.