Chapter 2: Cupid's Orcid Flower

Another chapter being realised today with the next one being in the works ;)

Hope you enjoy!

Now onto the chapter!

The Oracle in training wandered through the fields of pasture and farmland to find the cattle. Delphi had been in training to be the next Oracle from the age of 6, as long as they could remember. Delphi's training involved lessons of singing and dancing from their tutors, their aunt the Oracle herself teaching them to meditate inside the mountain cave, the Muses looking over their knowledge of the New Earth's history and other subjects, doing chores, and observing the priestesses in the temple preform ceremonial sacrifices. Unlike every child, Delphi never went out to play or have a normal childhood.

However, Delphi thought it was special to obtain the knowledge they had now. They possessed the same abilities their aunt had, and these abilities were necessary to maintain the balance between man itself and the gods that ruled the Heavens above. They were grateful for their abilities and strived to be the best they could.

Delphi hummed as they passed through the tall fields of wheat before they made it to the open greens pastures. The cattle were scattered everywhere, eating grass and being, well- cattle. They wouldn't be for long as Delphi stepped into the pasture and looked around, making sure that they could see all the cattle present.

Delphi took a breath before their pendant glowed with their eyes. Delphi then began to sing to bring the cattle back into the barn.

"You are the ocean's gray waves~"

The cattle perked up at Delphi's singing and became entranced.

"Destined to seek,
Life beyond the shore,
Just out of reach~"

One by one, the cattle made their way towards Delphi. Delphi smiled as they led the cattle towards the barn.

"Yet the waters ever change~"

Delphi ran ahead and opened the barn door, holding it open as the cattle went inside.

"Flowing like time,
The path is,
Yours to climb~"

(Song is from Fire Elbem Fates, which is owned by Nintendo. NINTENDO PLEASE DON'T COME FOR ME AND PLEASE DON'T STRANGLE DELPHI-)

After making sure all the cattle were inside, Delphi closed the barn door and secured it. Once the door was secured, Delphi smiled to themselves before taking a walk near the mountains. Delphi hummed as they walked, taking in the approaching night sky.

Delphi recalled what their aunt told Fuher Cleopatra. 100 foreigners from beyond the fabric of the sky... Could such a thing like this this exist?

"How silly," Delphi said aloud with a giggle as they walked, "100 foreigners that will be coming from the sky. They won't even last a day here." Delphi continued to walk until they suddenly stopped and tensed up. Delphi had the erie feeling that they were being watched and looked around. There was nothing out of the ordinary as they saw the trees, open fields, and the now present night sky.

"Nothing at all." Delphi said to themselves, calming down a bit. But the feeling was still present as Delphi continued walking down the pathway. Then, something unusual caught their eye.

In the distance near a pond under the moonlight, was a beautiful flower with white petals and a soft pink heart in the middle. The tips of the white petals were dusted in a magenta color, making it appealing to the eyes that saw it. Delphi immediately recognized what the flower was and almost couldn't believe it.

"Cupid's Orcid flower." Delphi said in amazement, "I never thought they existed outside of Lan di journ."

The Cupid's Orcid flower was the flower of the Trait of Love herself, and was only found in the legendary region of Lan di journ. It was said that if it was seen by a person who walked by, it would bring them and their soulmate together. However, Delphi's status as an Oracle in training prevented them from ever being in a relationship.

"No... I won't..." Delphi said as they tried to ignore the flower. But as they stepped away, the pull towards it grew strong. Delphi glanced at the flower before they sighed, knowing they couldn't get to the flower tonight.

"Tomorrow night, when everyone is sleeping, I'll come and get you. Maybe I could show you to Yaelia and Willowflower when they come to visit." Delphi said.

The pull went away after Delphi spoke, before the Oracle in training took off in the direction of their home. Soon after running, they made it to the beautiful marble house they lived in with their aunt and went inside quietly.

Aquamarine was sleeping in her bedroom as Delphi crept past and made it to their bedroom. They silently closed their bedroom door and took off their high ponytail, letting down their long blue hair before they yawned. Delphi crawled into bed and drifted off to sleep, as their pendant glowed softly.

Tomorrow night would be the mission to retrieve the flower. But one foreigner among the 100 would be drawn to the flower as well.

And with the flower's power, both would fall accidentally in love.

In the night, a starship would come beyond the fabric of the sky, carrying the 100 foreigners as foretold by the Oracle.

Unfortunately, the starship would land in the savage territory of the brutal natives that would capture a few of them. And those few would be taken to the Aztec city of gold:

El Dorado.