Cheer Up

There's a minute of comforting silence before Mina suddenly says, "I love you, Chaeyoung."

And Chaeyoung never thought that those words would be so pleasuring to her. It warms her heart, and it feels so good to hear it from Mina. Honestly, she wants to reply those words with the same thing as well. But, she's too shy and embarrassed to do that.

That's the only time when she realizes, that Mina is just the same as her, a shy girl. She must had a big courage to say it to Chaeyoung, probably had a battle inside her head before, arguing to say it or not. So, thinking that Mina gave a huge effort to say the love words to Chaeyoung, she smiles, kissing Mina's crown for seconds, and then leaning her head against Mina's.

"I love you too, Mina. I always do."

17 Cheer Up

Chaeyoung doesn't understand. Mina said they shouldn't do too much affection. She said it would make them harder to cope this 'only friend' zone. So, Chaeyoung doesn't really expect anything from Mina. And that's why, when Mina stomps towards her with her eyes beaming on Chaeyoung's figure, and lands a kiss on Chaeyoung's cheek when she's close, Chaeyoung really couldn't understand what's happening.

When Mina draws herself away from Chaeyoung, her wolfish grin emerges, looking satisfied. And Chaeyoung involuntarily blushed.

"Wow," Chaeyoung's hand is up to touch the spot Mina just kissed. It's hot. She stares at Mina in confused, gulping, unconsciously holding her breath because Mina's scent is everywhere. And, it makes Chaeyoung insane. "What was that for?"

They're inside the class, just two of them. The others are out for P.E and Chaeyoung was getting herself ready for another practice for her upcoming competition. She was tidying her stuffs when the door suddenly open, and Mina appeared from the outside. She approached her in a very excited way and kissed Chaeyoung on the cheek. It's so random, like, they're inside the classroom and it's so risky to do that right at the moment. And they were just promised to not do affection like a lover because it would give them both a hard time. That's why, Mina's action just now is so random.

Probably, Mina finds Chaeyoung's confused face is so amusing, because the girl laughs contentedly. Chaeyoung waits for the girl to finish her laugh, still wanting an actual reason Mina has to do that to her, right now in this place. When Mina's laugh graduly gone, Chaeyoung asks again. "Okay, Mina. That was so random. Am I look so pretty right now, that you can't hold yourself from kissing me?"

Mina raises her brows, in surprise with that confident statement. She smiles widely, her gummy shown. "Well, instead of being so pretty, you're more to, uhm, girl crush?" Mina giggles, makes Chaeyoung squints her brows. "Anyway, that's not the reason for that kiss. It was a cheer up."

Chaeyoung still stares, still confused. "A... cheer up?"

"Yup. For your upcoming competition."

And at this, Chaeyoung chokes. "But, my competition is like a week from now, girl. I'm just practicing today."

Chaeyoung sees Mina shrugs in ease. "Well, then. Let's just say that I can't hold myself from kissing you."

Hearing that, Chaeyoung gets baffled. Chaeyoung thought that it would be hard for her to hold herself from kissing Mina. Mina was the one who told them they can't be girlfriends, and they shouldn't do girlfriends stuffs. And again, Chaeyoung thought that she would suffer alone. Hearing stuff that Mina couldn't hold her urge to kiss Chaeyoung makes her realizes that she's wrong. Mina's also having a hard time facing this friend zone. And it kinda warms Chaeyoung's heart.

Chaeyoung ducks down, won't show Mina her heated cheeks. She kicks the floor with her the tio of her toe. "Well, then, you're supposed to tell me before actually do it," Chaeyoung sheepishly mumbles. "So I could give you a proper reply."