for the next millennium

"In the beginning, we were so naive. Our mother had made us into beasts that fed on blood. But immortality was beyond our grasp. Compulsion a trick we had yet to learn. All we knew was a fear of being haunted. That.... And a terrible hunger. So we ran. As a family. And when we needed to....as a family we fed." Klaus's voice over.

"Kol, are you quite done?" A young Elijah says. Kol stops feeding on the man

"Brother, Elijah, is all this truly necessary?"

"Brother, the road is a major thoroughfare. if the bodies are found," Elijah says and Kol stands up."word of our presence will spread to Mikael."

"We have run through  autumn and winter, through sleet and snow. Are we cursed to forever live in fear of our father?" Rebekah says

"I should say yes,sadly." Finn says

"Finn, Please. Niklaus." Elijah says. Klaus stopped petting the horse.

"Do you have any idea where we are running to next?" Rebekah says.

"Why not just do what we've all thought of doing? Split up." Kol says

"We sore a vow." Klaus says

"Your vows haunt me mote than father himself." Kol says." At least he can't chase us all. I say we take our chances."

"Perhaps Kol is right."

"Thank you, Finn. Yeah, I've  always  said  eldest is the most intelligent."

"Stop talking. I take no joy in our assent but I do wish to sleep in a bed. To bathe in a bath, to feed of proper food. If we divide--" Elijah cuts Finn off.

"No, brother. Niklaus is right. We made a vow. Family  above all." Elijah  then turned and looked at  Klaus. "Always. Forever." Klaus smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klaus is looking at a painting

"Always and forever, indeed." He says. Then he walked  out the room.

~~~~~~~~

"My dear Rebekah, I hope this finds you  well. I write to offer an update and ask your advise. Our brother's  remain at odds. Klaus  will never apologize.... not for the blood he's shed, nor for the suffering  Amanda  continues to endure. And Elijah cannot forgive him. Despite my efforts, we are a house divided. Which is not to say I  have no good news. Klaus kept his word. Marcel controls the quarter. There he is founded a fight gym in the old St. Anne's church, where he tests the mettle of those who wish to join his vampire community. Elijah has begun joining him for sparring. I believe it helps him work through his anger. And he has much anger. While the kid's continue to flourish, it is clear  that they sorta miss having Jackson and the others around. Though Niklaus remains the doting father, him and Amanda are still at odds. Despite my best efforts, I've yet to find a means to undo the spell placed on the Crescent wolves.and Amanda herself continues to struggle. Unable to see Jackson except for once a month on the full moon. And we're in no position to ask for outside help." Freya  sits at a desk writing the letter to Rebekah. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you just hear Me out?" Marcel says to Davina as he follows her

"No. Witches don't do favors for vampires. Including  daylight rings. Those are the rules."

"An act of good faith will help keep the peace."

"The ninth  ward coven thinks I'm a vampire sympathizer. I won't prove them right. You're on your own." She then turned and walked away from him.