Black and White Make Gray, Don't They?

I yawned, stretching with a whine as I forced myself to stay awake for this next prisoner seeking redemption. If any of them had deserved it, they wouldn't even be here, but humans were curious little creatures that pushed until it wasn't possible to do so anymore.

My eyes narrowed as I saw the woman marching forward with her head held high. She had already came twelve times, and I'd promised that I wouldn't be so lenient the thirteenth time.

"Lexi Lutherton. What an odd name for someone who still has her hair. Of course, we could always change that for your latest torture sequence."

She scowled at me, crossing her arms together. "I want out."

Rolling my eyes, I sat up, putting one leg over the other. "For the last time, I don't have power over that. And even if I did, you still haven't given me a good enough reason to even let you out."

Her scowl deepened. "I don't deserve to be here!"

"Well, obviously you do, otherwise you'd be in the clouds right now instead. So, tell me, what is the real reason for wanting to get out?" I purred.

The woman's eyes glazed over, her words coming out in a drowsy tone. "Because my family is more than likely up there."

A wicked grin crossed my face as she blinked hard, paling when she saw the expression on my face. "A family, you say? Well, I don't remember you telling me about a family."

She looked like a ghost as she stared at me in horror, which, technically, she was. "Wait- no, please- I meant-"

"Oh, I know what you meant." Now that I looked closer, I saw glimpses of her past. Growing up, falling in love, having children. In all reality, she should have gone to Heaven, save for the fact that she murdered her husband, 17-year-old daughter, and 12-year-old son to save herself. 

The woman just stared at me before whirling around and bolting away. I giggled as I saw her stumble when a demon "accidentally" stuck his foot out in front of her. Luckily, she was the last of them, again.

Settling back into my throne, I sniffed daintily, letting my eyes scan the room. It was actually relatively small for a throne room, but that was because it was mainly used for show and tell rather than a huge area with a dining room and shit like that. I wasn't much for fanfare, despite what humans like to believe.

I paused when I saw the mirror to my left. My eyes were the color of white ice, my skin just a few hairs darker than it. Lips red like the blood always spilled in my kingdom. Wild dark brown curls drifted around me, always styled so they looked like I just had sex. A glittering crown sat on my head. Queen of the Damned, and more beautiful than any of them.

"Luci! Where are you?" My best friend Delilah shouted.

"In the throne room, you idiot!" I called back.

Dark and frizzy hair popped out from behind the doorframe with a grinning face to match. "Hi!"

I immediately narrowed my eyes at her. "The hell did you do this time?"

She gave me a wide-eyed look. "Whatever do you mean, your Majesty?"

My eyes narrowed further. "Cut that weird 'answering a question with another question' shit. What'd you do?"

She smiled sheepishly at me. Brilliant white teeth gleamed when she did, in stunning contrast to her chocolate skin.

Delilah was one of the many, many demons running around my kingdom, screwing anything with legs. She was one of the more controlled ones, but that didn't mean she wasn't absolutely wild anywhere else.