Chapter Four: The Plan

A girl stormed into the room, glaring at me with light amber eyes, and I shook away my thoughts. "Tyson! Why are all of these people here?"

Her fierce gaze remained on me as silence filled the room. "Are you Sonya?" I asked, hoping to shift her predatory eyes elsewhere.

"No. Who are you?" She snapped.

"Uhh..."

She walked towards me. The girl was tiny, but her composure made it clear that she was not to be messed with. This was a girl who could stand her ground and probably attack men twice her size. However, I didn't want her to attack me. "You don't know your name?"

I sighed. If Marissa trusted that we were safe here, I would believe her. I couldn't decide what this girl was yet, so lying was not in my best interest. "Jamie."

"Jamie who?"

I frowned. I always thought everyone would see me and instantly proclaim that I was back. So far I was zero for two. I should be happy about that, I supposed. "Ayesa."

"No, but actually who are you?" The girl didn't even bat an eyelash. I smiled slightly, liking her already.

"I just told you," I replied, smiling as her look of annoyance increased. She had a quick temper, and that, combined with the amber eyes, was making me lean towards shifter for her species. "Who are you?"

"You are not Jamie Ayesa."

I couldn't help but laugh. I had been avoiding anything associated with that last name for a decade, and now I couldn't even convince this girl that I was who I said I was. She had quite a spirit. "Do I really look that different."

She studied me for several moments and ran a hand through her black mane. "There is a resemblance. Your eyes. And hair. But it still isn't possible." And then she lunged.

When the shifter lunged for me, breaking and expanding her solid bones into the form of a black tiger, I couldn't blame her. I imagined it was similar to if someone waltzed into my house and stated that they were my mother. I didn't particularly want to attack this girl with her shining fighting spirit, but I also didn't want to get mauled to death by her beast. Shifters were strong. Most could only shift into an animal or two, but some could tame more. I wasn't sure what to expect.

As a song began leave my lips, Marissa flew through the door, holding the poor tiger's throat in her hand as the tiger's eyes widened in her presence. "Enough!"

I halted the melody before it could latch onto a mind or element around me, and the tiger whimpered in submission. I narrowed my eyes as the tiger returned to its human state, surprised a beast of that strength would shrink in fear so quickly.

"What is the meaning of this?" Marissa snarled, glancing between the two of us.

"I didn't actually do anything," I pouted. Marissa always assumed I instigated everything.

"I-I'm sorry Marissa. This girl lied about who she was and I snapped," the girl stated, narrowing her eyes at me while trying to smooth her black hair.

Marissa cast her emerald glare upon me. "And who did you say you were?"

"I figured the truth would be fine, considering you said it would be safe here. So much for that."

"You..you're really her? The damn princess" The girl was questioning, stepping closer to me. "Jamie? It just isn't possible?"
"How many times do I have to say these walls are thin?" Marissa snarled.

"Are we safe here or not?"

"I don't know. I thought Sonya would be here, not these children."

The girl looked like she was about to snap again at being called a child when yet another new figure entered the room.