Unexpected Reunions

Mandalore: 0 C

It still felt odd having the Empire back, but that odd feeling paled in the satisfaction granted by the opportunity to exact vengeance on their once-oppressors. Or at least what was allowed by the shaky peace agreement. Goran and the Mandalorian people settled for obliterating any Imperial forces that dared enter their airspace.

Beviin and his family did their best not to bother themselves with the rest of the galaxy, nor the still-going confusion as to which Mandalore should take up that mantle of responsibility. He knew that Boba Fett would not return for it. Goran appreciated the man, but he knew the leadership role was not for him, as Boba himself admitted that he'd only agreed to become Mandalore upon the request of a dying Fenn Shysa. He knew that the bounty hunter was probably more interested in the multitude of new employment opportunities presented in the form of the Convergence, as everyone agreed to call it.

"Hi, buir," Goran's daughter, Dinua, hugged him from behind.

"Morning, ad'ika," he returned the gesture. "What brings you back to the farm? I thought you were on a job."

"Do I need an excuse to see the man that has cared for me throughout the years?" Dinua stepped back. "You look lost in thought, old man."

"Just thinking about a friend," he admitted.

"You mean Fett?" she asked. He nodded. "Actually, buir, that's why I'm here." Goran spun around and saw his daughter and the unmistakable armor belonging to the man he once served under.

"I'm touched, Beviin," Fett said in his usual stoic manner.

"You shouldn't be here," Goran said flatly. He didn't say that to threaten him, he said it because...

"The nanovirus in the atmosphere is gone," Fett acknowledged his concern. "I don't know how, but whatever caused this mess has somehow gotten rid of the hazards on multiple worlds." Goran was taken aback. What in the name of anything happened?

"Well then, you here to follow up on some leads or tell me how that new beskar is helping you on your jobs?" He asked and walked past him towards his home. "Come on in. I think Medrit is making a stew."

_____

UNSC Infinity: 0 C

"You wanted to see me, sir," the Master Chief asked Captain Lasky and stood at attention.

"Chief!" Lasky looked up at him from a desk and left the AI Roland to discuss certain matters with the rest of the crew. "Glad to see you. I've got an assignment for you and Blue Team. It's a bit... odd, to say the least."

"Another broadcast from Cortana?" he guessed.

"No. Not that," Lasky shook his head. "I don't think we'll have to worry about her for a little while. Apparently some factions a bit stronger than us didn't take very kindly to her forcing an armistice and decided to destroy a few Guardians, forcing her to retreat." The Captain refocused and continued. "No, we've received a transmission from an old UNSC base from individuals who claim to be service members that we know were killed in the war."

"And you want us to investigate," John concluded.

"As soon as you can. The base is on Almac. We'll send the coordinates to your pelican once you've departed."

"Understood, sir." Chief acknowledged and departed.

_____