☢︎︎ Mɪsғᴏʀᴛᴜɴᴇ | Pᴛ 1 ☢︎︎

Intro
7 boys, all good students.. mostly all of them anyways. All great friends, very caring and protective of one another. The youngest however ? His mind constantly at war with himself, leaving him feeling very negative. Will his friends notice ? If so, can they protect him from his own mind ?

Trigger warnings: Talk of depressive/self derogatory thoughts, fighting, blood, general angst

teenager/secondary school AU ig, I'm in college but this works better n sorry this isn't part 2 to the last fic, I've not had much time to write since I went back to college ! I've started it, but it's not complete yet. this is sorta a vent fic in some way but not all of it has happened to me ! just the mental issues and friend problems. the fighting was just something that developed as I was writing this :)
————————————————————

Harry's POV

It was 6:45am, I haven't slept yet and I need to get up for school in 15 minutes. Reason for no sleep ? Same as usual. My mind wouldn't shut off, thought after thought rolled in, hour after hour went by without any attempt of sleep. This has been going on for weeks, I'm honestly surprised the guys haven't noticed. Or maybe they have ? They just don't care enough about me to ask, they haven't cared for awhile. Nobody really cares about me all that much. I sighed, turning over in my bed and grabbed my phone to see the time. 6:57am. Alarm goes off in 3 minutes.. may as well get up now. I quickly turned my alarm off, plugged my phone in then forced myself out of my comfy, warm bed and jumped in a quick shower. After my quick 10 minute shower, I threw a maroon hoodie and some skinny jeans on then went back into the bathroom to fix my hair and brush my teeth. As I was doing so, I noticed my reflection. My god I looked awful. Well.. more awful than usual. My face was very pale and the bags under my eyes were getting darker by the day. I looked disgusting. Frowning, I just simply shook my head in disappointment, finished what I was doing and went back in my room.

I grabbed my bag, placed my books for my lessons today inside, zipped it up and slung it over my shoulder. My eyes scanned over my room for my earphones, landing on the white and rose gold pair that were sat on my desk next to my computer. I hastily grabbed them and my phone, quickly (but quietly) walking down stairs. The rest of my family were asleep, not having to get my brother and sister up until about 7:45am. It was now about 7:20am as I was tiptoeing about the kitchen, placing a sandwich into my bag for my lunch later today. I don't eat breakfast and it was now 7:24am, there was no need for me to hover about any longer so slinging my bag over my shoulder, I silently unlocked and walked out the door with my key, locking it again before setting off for school. I have to set off over an hour before school as I walk there and the first bell goes at 8:55am, my Mum says I should get the bus but I'd rather walk instead, gives me time to listen to music and mentally prepare myself for the school day. Placing the earbuds into my ears, I switched on my playlist. Pretty much all my music is sad, so no surprise that the first song is "Idontwannabeyouanymore" by Billie Eilish. I really vibe with that song, like it's not even funny how much I relate to the lyrics. I pull my hood over my head, making my way to the fucking hellhole I call school.

~Time Skip~

It was 8:30am by the time I arrived at the school, I had time to kill so I went and sat in a quiet corridor near my tutor. I didn't wanna see the guys this morning, just seeing them made me feel even more sad that I usually do. That sounds sly and shitty I'm aware, but I have my reasons.
I'm the youngest, sitting at 15 years old. Vik and Ethan were the next youngest as they were 16. The rest of the lads, JJ, Josh, Simon and Tobi were all 17. I was the only one in the year below, they all had classes together whereas I was on my own. I had a few friends though, both Cal's who we've nicknamed Lux and Freezy to tell them apart. But other than that ? I had no other friends, both Cal's weren't in all of my classes either, only 2 or 3 so I mostly sat on my own in my lessons at the back of the class. My grades were average, I wasn't failing but I wasn't top of my classes either, except in science. By god that was my favourite subject, helped that I was pretty good at it too. I'm one of 2 in my class sitting the higher papers. My teacher was fucking amazing too ! He was so nice but knew how to take a joke, that man was basically loved by everyone in the school.
I was disrupted from my thoughts by my phone buzzing.. I had received a text ? Opening it, I could see it was a voice message from JJ. Grand. I clicked on the play button and my earphones were filled with his obnoxious voice. "HARRY LEWIS GET YOUR BITCH ASS DOWN HERE TO THE REST OF USSSSSSS !! We saw you come in and walk straight past us Bog, that's bare rude so come down now you cretin"
It ended with laughter from him and the other guys, being cut off half way through. A long, drawn out sigh escaped my mouth, I cannot be fucked seeing them yet.. hang on what time is it ? I checked my phone clock to see I had only been in school for less 10 minutes, it was 8:39am. Fucksake.. I can't just pie them off, guess I'll have to go see them. Slinging my bag back over my shoulder, I stood up and walked down to where they were hanging about. Before getting there however, I felt myself being pinned against the lockers by something harsh around my neck, opening my eyes I saw who it was. For godsake. It was Logan fucking Paul, with his little twat of a brother Jake, who surprisingly wasn't with his "girlfriend", Tana. Them three were American kids who came over here to the UK, Jake and Logan managed to become the school's biggest bullies in the shortest amount of time. Tana wasn't that bad, she had a few issues here and there but was much better than either of the Paul brothers, hell she actually talked to me and wasn't nasty. She usually apologised about Jake and his brother's behaviour. Logan is in JJ's year, so he's older than me but Jake and Tana are in my year and unfortunately.. most of my classes. JJ absolutely hates Logan, they've fought before but teachers separated them before they could cause any bad damage to each other.
"Hey look, it's one of JJ's little friends" He said, turning to his brother whilst I was still against the locker, "Why does he keep you around ? Younger kids like you really don't have any use to him. You're a scrawny fuck, could barely lift a loaf of bread." Logan's hand forced itself tighter round my neck, making it harder to breathe. Him and Jake both towered over me, I'm only about 5'5 where they're both around 5'10-6'0. "You don't belong with him and his friends, even we can tell they don't like you. You're a worthless piece of trash Harry" he sneered, tightening his hand around my neck even more. I couldn't breathe, fuck. Fuck, fuck ! I could feel myself fading in and out of consciousness when his hand released itself, but my stomach was met with a knee whilst I fell to the floor, causing me to lurch over, coughing and spluttering as him and his brother just laughed, sending his foot harshly into my chest one last time before insulting me as they walked away down the corridor. Tears streaming down my face from the physical pain, but also the pain of the insults he spat at me. Stupid fucking American cunts. After like 3 minutes of trying to compose myself, I stumbled dazed towards where the guys were. I hope they aren't too pissed about this...