-1-

Ruby's P.O.V

     "You don't know how to raise a kid!"

     "That's not true Dan! She's happy here!"

     "She's not good here! Look at her! She cut her hair! Says she's 'gay'"

     "There's nothing wrong with that!"

     They just keep going... hours.. every night. All they do is yell. I can never make them happy, all i do is ruin things. I ruin everything. Oh yeah, hey. I'm Ruby Pike. And at this very moment I am planning my escape. I need to get out of here, i don't know where I'll go, or what will happen, I just need to leave. And soon. I look around my room for things I'd want to bring. I only want to take a small bag. 

     I grab some cloths and some money I've saved up. Only about $100. I don't get money often, if I'm lucky my dad will leave a couple dollars around I can snatch. As I lay on my bed looking up at the ceiling I wonder if anyone would miss me. I mean, my ex hates me. And so dose her parents. Everyone's turned on me. It's for the best I leave. I only make people sad, bring people down. 

     I hear my little brother crying, screaming for our mom. "Mom! Mom! Don't let him take me! Please" his crys fade away as the front door slams. I walk out of my room. 

     "Mom...?" I saw peeking into the kitchen. She's on the floor crying.

     "Yeah?" She sniffs and looks up. "Oh.. it's fine, Rub.. don't worry about it. Jack will be fine. He's better with your dad. I was never a good parent anyway"

     "Dont say that.." I sit next to her letting her cry on my shoulder. My moms a good person. She really is. She just gets really depressed and that makes her drink sometimes. Let me explain, my dads really religious. But he can also be really abusive. He and my mom never got along in the first place. My mom, she was really close to her sister. Like best friends, they where inseparable. But last summer my aunt died. My mom got depressed, lost her job, started drinking. My dad didn't like that. He tried to take us away, me and little brother. So my mom took us late at night. 

     My dad got Pissed. Everything was fine for a couple months, I got my hair cut. Found out I was gay. My mom was getting better. But then my dad showed up last week.. nothings been good sense.

     I walk my mom to her room and kiss her forehead. "Everything will be okay" i whisper and go back to my room. I write my mom a note telling her everything's okay, I put my shoes on, grab my skateboard and bag, and jump out the window. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Authors note- 

I'm sorry if this is bad! I'm trying my best! I hope you enjoyed it a little at least! Happy readings! 

-Forgotten_Error