-3-

Narrator's p.o.v

》One year before《

    As Penny and Jamie scream and yell, desperate to be together, the men force them apart. They are going to different foster homes ever since their parents had died in a horrible car crash. 

    "Please! Let me stay with him!" Penny shouts, but it's too late. Jamie is already far away in the car. Penny cries as she's also taken away, forced to live with a couple far out in the woods. 

    "Hi sweetie!!!" The woman beams as she opens the door, seeing penny standing there, her eyes glued to the ground. The man nudged her lightly to look up and not be rude. Penny looks up slowly and tries to smile.

     "Come on in! Don't be shy." The woman smiles and lets them in.

     "Carl, come down here please! The girl we are adopting is here!" she calls.

     As the large man comes down the stairs Penny is left alone with them as the man from before decides to leave. The papers have already been signed. And now she's stuck with these strangers she's never met before. 

     "Hello, Penny. I'm Katie and this is Carl. We are your new foster parents! We have adopted you so you can now live with us! Isn't that exciting?" Katie's expression went from sweet to scary real fast. "Now we have some rules here. Listen up!!" She says in a loud rude tone. 

    This makes Penny sit up straight. Her hands suddenly begin to tremble a little.

        "No food unless we have given it to you! If you're in our stuff without our permission, you get locked in the basement 'till you learn how to be a good child with respect! You will address us by ma'am and sir!" 

    Katie goes on announcing the rules and punishments. Penny sits, silent and scared for her own well being. When Katie is done, she orders Penny to go up to her room, not allowing Penny to have her stuff. She says she has supplied Penny with her own things so her stuff can be thrown away.

     Throughout the days she's been beaten by Katie for things she didn't even know was wrong. Carl is always at work but when he gets home he drinks too much, and it scares Penny. Whenever she asks about her brother Katie tells her to be quiet or hits her with a ruler. Life only gets worse. She knows she needs to leave. 

》one week before《

    Penny's running through the woods. She had taken money, food, water, and some other needs to survive for a while. She found her papers that the man had given Katie before he left her there with those evil people. She found out where her brother may be. And that's where she's going. 

》current time in the building with Ruby《

Penny's P.O.V.

     "I-I need help... please!"

_______________________________________

A/N: Because my grammar sucks I'm gonna try to get an editor. To maybe help out with how bad I type. But anyway, hope you enjoyed! ! Thanks for reading ♡•♡

-ForgottenError