Wedding

1 month later

It has been almost a month since the case and everyone has more or less learned to live with the decisions Marta and Ransom made. Of course Marta and Ransom took over the sole responsibility of the book publishing company and lived at the mansion. Marta's sister and mom moved into a more comfortable home.

For the past month, Marta and Ransom have been really busy with wedding preparations. Marta decided to ask Meg to be her bridesmaid and Ransom, much to his annoyance, asked his teenage cousin to be best man. Marta's sister would take the role of the flower girl. They hired the best wedding planners and Marta got herself a simple but elegant wedding dress, which once again to Ransom's irritation, he wasn't allowed to see. Ransom asked Marta what kind of suit she wanted him to wear, and she jokingly told him to wear the white wool sweater she loved.

It was finally wedding day and Marta was in her room getting ready and anxious as the time passed. Meg kept telling her that everything would be okay and that she needed to chill out. So she did just that. Finally, it was time for her to walk the aisle. Since her dad wasn't around to do that with her, she asked Detective Blanc, to his utter joy, to take that role for her. As she walked the aisle she saw all of Ransom's family and her small family sitting in seats, and then saw the most important thing to her.

She saw Ransom. Ransom Drysdale. Marta almost started to break down in laughter when she saw him however. Ransom, in all his glory, was wearing his white sweater. Ransom looked at her and was stunned. She looked divine in the beautiful white dress. As she reached the podium, Ransom held out his hand for her and she got up on the mini stage.

Ransom's POV:

Welp, time to say my vows.

"Marta Cabrera, when I met you, I was a lost human trying to find his purpose in the world. I chased after money. But then, shortly after, I realized money would never make me whole. Love would. And you showed me that love Marta. This is why, I would like to not only thank you, but also grandfather, who's hopefully listening from whatever better place he is in, for bringing both of us together. If not for you, I would still be a broken, lost soul without purpose. You gave me a purpose Marta. That's why, with all my heart, I love you and you only."

Marta's POV:

I felt the tears roll as I heard Ransom's vows. Soon enough, it was my turn.

"Ransom Drysdale, you are the reason I'm here today. You have helped me through so much. Given me safety when all I could see was danger. You were the one who could make me laugh at your dumb and snarky remarks. I knew from the moment I saw you that I loved you, and I realized from the moment Meg called me out that I needed to tell you. You said I gave you a purpose, but on the contrary, I say we both have each other just as much of a purpose. Even today, as you stand here wearing that white sweater, you've proven to me that you value every word that I say. Thank you so so much for everything. I hope wherever Harlan is, he is happy, and I know that he would be content with the man you've become.

I looked up and saw tears in his eyes.

The pastor proceeded to ask, "Do you, Marta Cabrera, take Ransom Drysdale to be your husband and love him for all of eternity?"

Without a blink of hesitation I replied, "I do."

Ransom's POV:

"...and do you, Ransom Drysdale, take Marta Cabrera to be your wife and love her for all of eternity?"

I'd gone too long being serious. Come on! I mean I haven't even done one prank yet. So I pretended to think. Marta caught on and feigned hurt.

"Of course I do! Why else would I be here??"

Then before the pastor could get to the entire "I pronounce you husband and wife, yada yada," I fast forwarded to the "you may now kiss the bride." I lunged forward and picked up Marta Cabrera, now Marta Drysdale, off her toes and kissed her passionately.

The End

--------------------------------
What do you guys think??? I absolutely loved Knives Out ppl and if u haven't seen it, WATCH IT.