Ch06.

Jennie leans back and smiles at Jisoo's furious blush which she finds so honest and adorable.

"Hmm skate... let's have it after the villa is built." Jennie says and Jisoo nods, looking a little disappointed. "About that date though, we can have coffee sometime."

"Oh no no, it's okay!" Jisoo waves frantically, her stick of marshmallow swinging in the air. "I know you're busy so um y-you can just ignore whatever I said, you know --"

Jennie covers Jisoo's hand that is almost swinging her marshmallow into the fire. "I'd love to, Jisoo." Unknown to her, the touch is electrifying and spikes Jisoo's pulse beyond her control.

Then, Jennie removes her hand because she sees yet another approaching group, and readies herself for more chit chat. Socialising is necessary and she does enjoy getting to know her employees, but sometimes it gets a tad overwhelming.

As though reading her mind, Jisoo pats Jennie's hand softly and wears her magnetic, lopsided grin, "Can I take you somewhere else? You look like you could use some peace and quiet."

Jennie arches a brow. "What happened to not being selfish at a campfire?"

Jisoo simply shrugs, "Guess I just don't feel like sharing you right now." She extends the stick of marshmallow in Jennie's direction with one hand and pokes a piece of chicken with a fork in the other, all the while with her eyes wandering on the dancing flame.

It is a passing remark, the sort of noncommittal reply Jennie is not supposed to read too much into, but something uncontrollable stirs within her anyway. Maybe the fire is placing tricks on Jennie's eyes but Jisoo suddenly looks abashed in the most beautiful way.

Jennie peels her eyes from Jisoo's profile and takes the stick. "But you're okay with sharing food?"

"In exchange for selfishly keeping you, yes," Jisoo grins. "It's called bribery."

Popping the marshmallow into her mouth, Jennie's eyes widen and she nods at the perfectly smooth sensation of melting goodness. "Mm, consider me bribed."

Jisoo laughs, rising to her feet and offering Jennie a hand, "Come on, let's go before we won't be able to."

The contact lasted no more than three seconds, but the warmth lingers long after it's gone.

---------

"I'm g-going to be swung off at this rate, Jisoo."

The stutter does not go unnoticed but Jisoo is enjoying teasing the woman way too much. "Never knew a CEO would be afraid of a little speed." She chuckles when she feels Jennie's tightening grasp on the sides of her shirt.

"I'm not. Your riding skills just have a lot of room for improvement."

That harmless taunt tickles Jisoo into a cocky chuckle. "Oh yeah?"

She turns her head to peek at Jennie behind her, who instantly pushes Jisoo's jaw to face the front again. "Eyes on the road!"

Jisoo laughs aloud, "Have some faith in me, will you? I promise I won't let you fall."

She cannot see her pillion passenger's face but she's pretty sure Jennie must be rolling her eyes.

"Right, your definition of fall isn't -- AHHH!"

The bicycle just went over a rock or something because Jennie's butt gets bumped up and detaches from the seat, frightening her out of her wits. When she hears Jisoo's mischievous laugh, she realises it's an intentional prank and her first instinct is to whack Jisoo in the back, and that is when she notices an extremely embarrassing situation -- in the scare of it all, her hands have abandoned the sides of Jisoo's shirt to wrap tightly around Jisoo's waist instead, her fingers digging into the woman's abs.