Chapter 1

[3rd Person POV]

"Saa! Attack me, Y/N, my boy!"

Rengoku drew his wooden sword and pointed it towards Y/N who also held a wooden sword.

The two are currently in a sparring session as Y/N needs to improve his swordsmanship, reaction time, and reflexes without using the Sharingan as he cannot grow dependent on them.

Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Pillar, being the kind person that he is, offered to help the problematic young boy, and as he is also the one who also mentored the Love Pillar, Mitsuri Kanroji, Y/N has a high level of respect for him and is grateful for training him.

Y/N rushed to the flame pillar and did a forward slash, Rengoku easily blocked it, but Y/N gripped the handle in a reverse kind of way and dragged it downwards.
(y'know, like, when the blade's pointing downward instead? You get me?)

It caused Rengoku'a grip on his sword to loosen, Y/N used this opportunity to spin around and change hands to hold the handle of his own sword, then he went for a horizontal slash near Rengoku's neck, but he dodged by bending his torso backwards.

"Hm! Hm! A good strategy! But you'll have to try harder!"
The flame pillar complimented the young Mizunoto before he did an attack of his own, Y/N dodged to the side, but after the initial attack, another one was set into motion, then another, and another, and another...

Rengoku was too fast, and Y/N couldn't find an opportunity to retaliate, so he was stuck between blocking and dodging.

Breath Techniques aren't allowed in this sparring match, only Total Concentration, Constant.

Y/N began to think, despite of the situation he was in, whilst he is in the receiving end of a beating, he thought off a good way to counter Rengoku's amazing speed and strength, all the while looking for a weakness in his attacks.

It's like what his older brother used to say...
"Every attack, technique, and strategy has a weakness."

Y/N formulated a plan to attack Rengoku at the same time Y/N is dodging his attack so that the Flame Pillar would be forced to either dodge or block it, leaving Y/N more room to keep attacking.

So, when Rengoku did a vertical slash, Y/N dodged to the right and at the same time, did a stab attack directed to Rengoku's chest, Kyojuro saw the attack and parried the attack before another slash attack was set in motion.

Y/N ducked and slashed the Flame Pillar's torso while doing so, but Kyojuro was able to back away a little before jabbing his handle on the boy's back.

This got Y/N on all fours, and he jumped away after it happened, Y/N got into a one-knee, kneeling position and panted.

"It seems you figured out a weakness in my attacks! I weakness I purposely left out for you! Good job on figuring it out! But now..."

He did a display of quick slashes and twirls with his sword before pointing it again at Y/N.

"This time, it gets serious."

The flame pillar's smile was as bright as ever, but his eyes contained the excitement of a fight, so Y/N knew he had to up his own game.

"Come!"
Kyojuro commanded Y/N.

Y/N did as told and went for a rush-slash attack, Kyojuro easily blocked it, but was surprised to see Y/N let go of his sword and did a shoulder-charge on Kyojuro.

It was successful as Kyojuro stumbled back, then Y/N grabbed his sword as quick as he can and charged his swing from his back and aimed it towards the Flame Pillar's neck.