Chapter 4

[3rd Person POV]

"I know it's difficult, but you have to accept it, Mitsuri chan."

"No! No, I can't! No matter what you say!"

"Please! If you keep doing this, then I'll cry too!"

"Then cry! Release all of your pent-up emotions! I'll do so, as well!"

"Mitsuri chan!!"

"Y/N chan!!"

The two hugged each other whilst crying, they also rubbed their cheeks together.

"I don't want you to go, Y/N chan!"

"I have to! For the greater good!"

"Waaaaaahhhh!!"

An emotional moment for two best friends...well, for them, that is...

"Are you two done? Rengoku's waiting outside."
Iguro watched the two get all emotional whilst his arms are crossed and face contorting into exasperated expression.

"Iguro watched the two get all emotional whilst his arms are crossed and face contorting into exasperated expression

"B-But t-there's a newly opened sweets shop a-and Y/N chan's s-supposed to go with me."
Mitsuri sniffled as she explained to Iguro who massaged his temples at first before replying.

"Well, Y/N can't just ignore his responsibilities as a demon slayer, it is his duty to do missions and to protect civilians while doing so."

"I-I suppose you're right..."

"Don't worry Mitsuri chan, we'll go to the sweets shop with Iguro san when I get back, is that alright?"
Y/N acted as if he wasn't also emotional earlier.

The kid even had tears on his eyes, not bothering to wipe them at all.

"You're crying too, though..."
Iguro commented

"Mhm!"
Mitsuri nodded, feeling alot better already as she wiped her tears away.

They all went outside, Iguro and Mitsuri saw Rengoku and Y/N off, wishing them all the best, and Iguro just waved at them, disappearing after.

"What do you think the demon looks like, aniki?"
Y/N asked Kyojuro, holding his big hand with Y/N's smaller ones whilst they walked.

"Hmmmm, probably intimidating, capable of putting fear in the hearts of many, as all demons would! That's why we, the demon slayers, are here! To protect them from said demons!"
Kyojuro answered with a booming voice and adding a little laugh after that.

"Uwooooaaaahhhhh~!"
Y/N's eyes sparkled in admiration.

Rengoku took the responsibility of buying tickets and finding seats for the both Y/N and him before they boarded the train.

Rengoku sat in front of Y/N in order for them to have the window seats and to also talk to each other easier.

"So, this is the Infinity Train, huh?"
Said Y/N as he swayed his legs up and down as a child would.