4 | talent

"You did absolutely amazing tonight beautiful," Mike shouted as he hugged his friend

"You did absolutely amazing tonight beautiful," Mike shouted as he hugged his friend. He was glad he had told her about the open mic night, she absolutely smashed it. He didn't like the way people looked at her just because they were friends, they connected and felt like they had known each other their entire lives.

Rory laughed as she hugged him back, "Thank you. It was fun and I'm glad I did it. It's been a while since I've sung but I'm so glad you convinced me to do it again."

"I'm glad. I spoke to the owner and he wants to give you a weekly slot. He loved your performance, everyone did. Especially your boyfriend." Mike gushed. He might not have liked the Cullen's but he was glad Rory was happy. Edward made her happy and that's all he wanted for her friend.

Rory grinned, "Definitely. It's can't believe this, it was so much fun. Did he say anything?" She was happy her performance had gone so well, it had been a while since she had been on stage. But she was also nervous, nervous that Edward was watching her performance. She wanted him to enjoy it because it was something that was important to her and she liked having him in the crowd, performing to him with everything she had.

"He said he wants to meet you outside to take you home but he looked captivated by your performance," Mike spoke. Rory didn't hesitate to hug her friend goodbye before she grabbed her stuff and left the venue.

"Hey. Thank you for coming." Rory smiled as she hugged Edward. He was quick to wrap his arms around her, breathing in her scent.

"You were absolutely breathtaking, love. I didn't know you could sing like that." Edward smiled.

Rory shook her head as she was dazzled by his smile, "Singing is something that means a lot to me and it's been a while since I've gotten on a stage but it felt good and I'm glad you were here to see it. Thank you."

"I understand and I'm proud that you would share something so important with me. I wouldn't have missed it for the world." Edward spoke before pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Are you hungry?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

"Why did I agree to come to school?" Rory groaned as she sat down at her lunch table

"Why did I agree to come to school?" Rory groaned as she sat down at her lunch table. The only people she liked on the table were Mike, Angela, Eric and Jessica. Tyler was an ass, Lauren was a gossiping bitch and Bella hated that she was getting close to Edward. She had promised Mike she would try and get to know the rest of his friends as it wasn't fair that he had to split his time between her and the rest of them all the time. Besides, as much as she loved spending time with the Cullen's, being around humans always made her feel normal.

Mike laughed, "Because you want to do what you love?" Rory glared at her friend but didn't argue as she knew he was right. She promised her sister she would finish school in order to work at the tattoo shop with her sister.

"What is he talking about?" Angela questioned.

Rory looked at her friend, "I'm a tattoo artist. My sister owns a shop in Port Angels and let's me do odd jobs. I've got to graduate if I want to work at the shop with her."

"Wow, I didn't know they let under aged kids tattoo?" Lauren snarled.

Rory smirked at the brunette, refusing to let her get under her skin, "Actually I got my licence in England, you only have to be 17 to be able to tattoo. Besides, I didn't realise that it was anyone of your business." She wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of getting under her skin. Lauren was a jealous child that would throw a tantrum if she didn't get what she wanted.

"And yet you broadcast it?" Lauren scoffed.

Rory shook her head with a smirk, "I answered my friends question, you just happened to be here. Now, if anyone else finds out, I'm sure you wouldn't want your little secret to spill."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Oh no honey, it's a promise." No one said anything as the two woman started each other down.

It had been a slow day and Rory wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep, a nap sounded pretty good

It had been a slow day and Rory wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep, a nap sounded pretty good. She wanted to talk to Mike, who she knew was getting a ride with Tyler so she walked towards his van and waited.

Rory looked up from her phone when she noticed Edward walking towards his car, but she didn't get a chance to say anything when Tyler's van came towards her. She was quick to get out of the way but not before she hit the side of Bella's truck, falling down and hitting her head on the concrete.

"Rory?!" She heard before everything went dark.