6 | real

"Why am I here?" Rory groaned

"Why am I here?" Rory groaned. The last thing she wanted was to spend the day on a field trip. All she wanted to do was sleep and eat, eat until she was full and sick.

Edward pressed a kiss to her head, "Because you promised your sister that everything would get back to normal. Just a few more hours and I'll buy you whatever you want to eat before you take that nap you've been looking forward to all day." He sure knew the way into a girls heart without even trying and Rory was loving every second of it.

"You sure know how to win a girl over." Rory smirked as she look up at her soulmate.

Edward laughed, "You make it easy, love."

"Well, looks like I need to step up my game." Rory teased. She saw Alice waving to her brother from the front of the line as they walked through the greenhouse, "You should go see what your sister wants." Edward sighed but didn't reply. He pressed a kiss to her head before walking over to his little sister.

"I'm sorry." A voice spoke from behind her. Rory watched as Bella Swan came to stand next to her. The brunette hated how easy it was for Rory to get close to her friends and how Edward was fawning over her but she knew Rory was right, Bella didn't know and part of her didn't even try, despite how close she was to the people she called her friends.

Rory scoffed, "No you're not. The only reason why you're apologising is because everyone else wanted you to. Bella, I have nothing against you, hell I don't even know you. I will always defend the people that I care about and that includes the people you call your friends. I like you Bella, you seem smart but I will not let you walk over me like you think you can. So I'm asking you, walk away and only come back when you're ready to be civil or don't bother."

Bella didn't know how to react as she watched Rory walk away. She had been right of course. The only reason why Bella tried to apologise was because everyone hated the tension on the table. But everything she said really hit her. Bella had no real reason to hate Rory, sure she was jealous but Rory didn't deserve the cold shoulder and it was going to change. Rory didn't deserve the cold shoulder and she hadn't done anything personal to Bella that would make her hate her.

"You okay?"

"I hope so."

"You should come to Port Angels with us in a few days

"You should come to Port Angels with us in a few days." Rory looked up from her art book to find Angela staring down at her. Rory was sat outside since it was finally sunny.

Rory shook her head, "Nope."

"Why not?" Angela pouted.

"I love you but I promised my sister I would help her with the shop and I've got homework. I want to finish with top grades, which will only happen if I study as I tend to procrastinate way too much." Rory explained as she looked at her friend.

"Fine. Hopefully next time?" Angela sighed.

Rory smiled, "Definitely." Angela got up just as Rory's phone went off with a text message.

I miss you - Edward

Rory giddily smiled before she replied to the text, Not much I can do about that pretty boy, but you can come and see me later tonight. I'll leave the window open just for you

I can't wait to see. I love you - Edward

Rory stared at the screen in shock, unable to reply. The only thing going through her mind, "Shit just got real."