9 | council

"I see my brother and your sister are having a great time

"I see my brother and your sister are having a great time." Edward smirked.

It had come as a complete surprise that Jasper and Hannah were mates but it had been a pleasant one. Rory has always gotten along with Jasper and he always made her feel safe so knowing he was made for sister just made their relationship stronger. Alice had obviously been disappointed that she hadn't known that Hannah was his mate but as long as he was happy, nothing else mattered. The family had welcomed them both with open arms and the two sisters loved being around the vampires. It hadn't been easy for either of them to open up but when they did, they had been greeted with warm hugs and kisses.

Rory smiled as she watched the two cuddle on the couch, "I'm just glad she's happy. She's done everything she can to protect me that sometimes she forgets she matters too. Besides, I like Jasper. He's a good guy and he makes her happy so he'll fit right into our dysfunctional little family."

Edward laughed as he helped her make dinner, "I'm glad you and Hannah feel comfortable enough around our family to let your guard down. You make me happy and Hannah makes Jasper happy, everyone already considered you a part of the family and I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Well I'm glad you feel that because you're not getting rid of me anytime soon."

"I like the sound of that."

"You wanted to see us?" Hannah questioned as she and Rory stood in front of the Council

Yesterday the sisters had gotten a fire message from the Council requesting their presence at a hearing and neither of them had any idea why.

Elder Mason looked at the both, "We have heard that you have both been associating with vampires while in Forks?"

"We have. Both me and Rory have found our mates in two of the vampires. They do not feed on humans and have permanent residence in a house in the forest and the younger members go to Hugh School, which is where Rory met her mate and mine." Hannah firmly spoke. As much as she respected the Council, she was not going to let them take away the small happiness that she and her sister had gotten in a long time. The two vampires had become so important to them both in the short time they have known them.

"We are not here to reprimand you for your association with vampires, in fact we are happy that you have both found your soulmates. We are here to warn you." Elder Cornelia spoke. She had always loved the girls like her own daughters and done what she could to protect them.

"What are you talking about?"

Elder Mason sighed, "We believe that a direct descendant of Merlin that has no magic is after Rory because of her powers and we know that he will stop at nothing to get what he wants and I'm afraid people are going to get hurt because of it."

"But my powers can't be passed on? They live and die with me." Rory spoke in confusion.

Elder Ryder nodded his head, "He doesn't know that. We requested that other members of the Coven and other friends that we have, make their way to Forks to protect you. We stick together and we will do whatever we can to protect you both."

Hannah nodded, "Thank you. What can we do?" She wanted to do what she could to protect her little sister. Rory was powerful but she preferred to stay out of Council Politics, even though she knew she would have to become an Elder eventually.

"Nothing. All you two have to do is go about your day as normal and we will take of it. We will make sure someone is watching over you both at any given time and we'll coordinate with the Cullen's as you do spend more time with them." Elder Mason spoke.

"Okay, thank you." Hannah spoke before she and Rory walked out.

"I'm scared someone is going to get hurt."

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that."