Chapter 1

"Chase? Chase! Get your ass up! We gotta go!" I hear Pete's voice as he lightly shakes my shoulders, waking me up from my peaceful slumber. I groaned and rolled over, ignoring his request. He shakes my shoulders even rougher than before, forcing me to wake up and stay awake. I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes, gazing sleepily at Pete, who was sitting next to my bed. I glanced at my alarm clock on my nightstand, reading the time.

"What are you doing here, Pete? It's three in the morning and we have to go to school in four hours. And how did you even get in?" I said quietly, scared to wake my parents. He scoffed before brushing his black fringe from his eyes.

"How I usually do dumb ass." He pointed towards my bedroom window, which was currently open. I stepped out of bed and went to my bathroom, Pete following me, in his signature black hoodie and black ripped jeans. I grab a scrunchie off the bathroom counter and tie my long golden hair into a tight ponytail. Pete watched my movements closely, leaning against the door frame. He walked to my side and started opening drawers from the counter.

"What are you looking for?"

"I need to redo my damn eyeliner and I left one of my pencils here a few weeks ago." Pete replied , finally finding his makeup and reapplying. He drew straight lines across the lower eyelids of his chocolate brown eyes with the eyeliner pencil before smudging them. When he was satisfied with his work, I turned his face towards me.

"Now do you want to explain why the hell your in my house, unannounced, at three in the morning?" He pulled from my grasp, walking back into my room. He grabbed his backpack from off the floor.

"We're all gonna go hang out in the park and then walk to school. You down?"

"It's not like I really have a choice, so yeah I guess so. Just let me get dressed and get all my stuff for school." He nodded, so I proceeded to do as I said.

I changed into a pair of blue skinny jeans and a large, oversized blue sweater in my bathroom, then walked around my room, collecting notebooks and shoving them in my book bag. I motioned for Pete to follow me as we quietly walked downstairs and exited the house. We walked down the neighborhood in silence. The only sound that was heard in the dead of night, was the sound of our shoes padding across the pavement. I let out a yawn, causing Pete to stop walking. He pulled out a glass bottle of StarBucks after he unzipped his bag, and handed it to me.

"I got that at the gas station before I walked here. You can thank me later." I nodded, twisting the cap off and sipping the creamy dark liquid concealed inside. The walk became silent once again as we continued walking to the park. Well, it wasn't really a park, more like just a vast hillside with a few trees. As we grew closer to our destination, there was very loud thud outside one of the houses we walked past, followed by cursing. I turned towards the house where the sound came from.

"Hello? Who's there?" I asked into the darkness. "Chase? Pete?" Well shit I recognize that voice from anywhere. Joe Trohman.

He's been in our friend group since seventh grade. Even though he tends to sleep in a different girl's bed every night, he's not that bad of a person. Joe, Simon, and Morgan always tend to constantly have one night stands, and somehow manage to get into trouble wether it be in public or school. I swear those three could be triplets if they didn't look so different. While Joe has a mop of brown curls on top of his head and pale blue eyes like mine, Simon has black hair with green eyes, and Morgan had her hair cut like a boy's and dyed a dark purple in eighth grade. It's been like that ever since, besides getting her hair dyed more to keep it's color and getting occasional haircuts. Sometimes I almost forget her eye color, due to the fact that she's worn purple contacts since middle school.