Chapter 4

By the end of class, all I had was a bottle of vodka, a joint, and a bottle of pills on a table drawn out. Not very creative, but it's all I got. I walked up to Mr. Frey's desk, handing over my drawing. He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by the bell, as I quickly made my way out of class. I walked through the hallways filled with people, opening the door to Algebra. I sat next to Patrick, who was scribbling away in a notebook. Joe and somehow Morgan, were behind me.

There was a paper on everyone's desk, with around ten questions. I pulled my pencil out of my pocket and began working out the problems. While I worked out number seven, I heard a psst noise behind me. I ignored it, knowing it was some curly headed boy trying to get my attention. There was a sigh before a crumpled up note tossed onto my desk. I straightened it out, reading the scrawled out, messy handwriting.

What'd ya get for #2?
- Joe

Bet you'd like to know

I wrote down my response before throwing it behind me. Another note was thrown on my desk.

Aw come on Chase, I'll give ya a kiss if u do

Calm ur hormones Joseph, it's π × 183

I threw the note, glancing behind me to flip off Joe, and began working out the remaining problems on my paper.

___________________________

I didn't get to talk to anyone since it took me so long to finish the paper I probably failed. I get done with my last class before lunch, which is History. Not the best one with Morgan and Simon in the same room, but at least I have Grace to help me keep my sanity. History has been pretty boring as usual. All we ever do is study, take tests, and study some more, nothing else. Simon sat in the middle of Morgan and I, while Grace sat to my right. We all were seated at a table in the back. The teacher stood to the front of the classroom to my surprise, usually since all she does is turn on whatever film on the projector and have us take notes.

"Ok guys, I know that we have all been stressed and feeling over worked lately." Mrs. Vee spoke.

A few students groaned in response.

"Which is why I have gotten permission from the principal to have a field trip to a museum a few towns away." Simon raised his hand.

"So uh, what are we allowed to do? What are the boundaries?"

"You must stay with your assigned partner and everyone has to meet up at certain areas at specific times. That will all be discussed days before the field trip. First things first, please come up to my desk at the end of class. Everyone will get one packet each. The packet contains the rules and regulations of the field trip, along with your permission slips. But right now we need to study for our test on Roman and Greek mythology. So please stay silent during the film and take notes."

She used her remote to activate the projector, sitting down at her desk after turning off the lights. I jotted down small notes every now and then while glancing at the clock, waiting for lunch as I heard my stomach growl. Class was over before I knew it. I waited in the small line at Mrs. Vee's desk, quickly swiping away a packet, making my way to the cafeteria. I went through the process of getting my lunch tray, only having a small salad and a carton of milk. I sat at a round table where all my friends were seated. I sat between Pete and Joe, stabbing the pile of salad with a plastic fork. I quickly noticed how Pete didn't have a tray.

"You okay? You didn't eat lunch yesterday, or the day before. Aren't you hungry?" I asked, nudging his shoulder with my own.

"Hmm? Oh um, I always eat at home." He shrugged it off like no big deal.