Chapter 6

(Okay, If you did not read the warning chapter, then I am letting you know now. This book will have sexual themes in it. No more warnings from here on out. If you hesitate that this book may make you feel uncomfortable, please read the warning chapter.)

I finally arrive to my house after getting off the public bus, I collapse on my bed. Home at last. I look at the clock, confirming that it's around nine at night. I take the black scrunchie out of my hair, letting my long blonde hair fall onto the bed, my scalp sore from it being in a ponytail all day. I then go to the bathroom and wash my face, also changing out my clothes for a t-shirt and sweatpants. I cover myself with the blankets on top of my bed. I let my eyelids slowly fall over my eyes, as I dream about the memories stored in the back of my mind, of little thirteen year old me.

~

How did I really get here? Walking through the forest with a bunch of strange kids I've only just met from school. Why? Why did I try to actually be sociable and make friends? I've avoided practically everyone at school, except for Grace. Her and I have known each other since kindergarten, thick as thieves, her and I. My best friend.

Well, it's a few days into seventh grade year. New grade means new people. And being as dumb as I am, I actually invited random people from my new class to come and hang out at my house. Oh hey, while I'm at it I might as well hang out with them in the woods! Great idea Chase! I can barely remember their names, so why be friends with them? I've already got Grace, I don't really need anyone else.

Morgan has brunette hair cut real short, like a boy. Keeps talking how she wants it purple. That sounds cool. Andy, Joe, and Simon are both taller than me, which I'm used to, still waiting to get tall like everyone else. Not this boy by the name of Peter though. Ha, he doesn't like to be called Peter, he tells us. Prefers the title Pete. Pete's pretty short, and I think I'm taller than him by like an inch. That's kind of funny. He also wears black eyeliner. Sort of weird for a boy to be doing, I mean, not even I wear makeup yet.

There's also another shy boy named Patrick, who wears square glasses too big for his face. We've all been walking through the woods behind my house for a while now in complete silence. Well, I guess someone has to break it. I muster up the courage and ignore the anxiety in my chest.

"So.. School huh? Really sucks." Way to go Chase, way to screw up any chance of making new friends!

"Oh yeah definitely. It sucks ass." The boy named Pete said. Okay! Cool, at least one of them is on my side.

"Woah, you cuss?" Patrick squeaked. His voice is really soft and light. It easily and gently floats through the air before making it's way to my ear.

"Well, when I'm alone at least and nobody can hear me. Other than that, who gives a flying fuck whether I swear or not?"

Potty mouth alert! But I strangely like it! I promised Dad that I wouldn't say bad words until I was at least sixteen. I've never really been a fan of swearing, but it almost seems right when that boy Pete does it.

"I give a flying fuck! I swear too! All the other assholes in that school sound like 'good' kids. Ya know, the type of kids who get their homework done on time, don't miss their curfew, never cussed a day in their life, never get detention. Boring as hell right?" Joe said, his curly hair slightly bouncing as he moves his head.

Simon brushes his dark hair from his eyes, "Very boring. So why are we here again, exactly? Are we all friends now? Because that was a really productive conversation if I do say so myself."

"I mean, I'm down with being friends if you guys are." I mutter, keeping my eyes on the ground as we all keep walking.

"Sure, that'd be.. Woah. Is that what I think it is?" The boy Andy says, pointing to a deformed tree. Wait, that's not a deformed tree. It's a freaking tree house! We all walk towards it. It's very large, a sturdy wooden ladder for an entrance. I step on it, testing my weight, and finally climb up when I find it able to support me. I hoist myself up, standing in the tree house. Everyone else winds up in here too.