Chap 47

"Don't worry about my shoes I'll get them later" I said as I looked away. "I was at cfa" I added as I stressfully played with my fingers.

"Maddison what's wrong with you!" He shouted slamming the door. "Cfa is closed by night so now tell me where the f.uck did you go" he added shouting loudly

Y'all know that when someone raises his voice a me I instantly cry right? Guess what? This what happened.

"I'm not lying Michael" I replied whipping the hot tears that were running down my cheeks. After arguing over this situation, I decided to tell him everything. From Amélie to the run towards Payton's car, without mentioning what almost happened with Payton.

"And how can I be sure about it" Michael asked after a few seconds of silence. "I don't know just believe me" I begged as I grabbed my neck. "You know that dad is worried right?"

I worriedly nodded. I knew that he would kill me for this. "Call him" Michael instructed. "Please no" I begged him but he handed me his phone.

Skip time

After arguing with my dad this 273times this months he hung up. He was coming back home between tonight and tomorrow, which meant I'd end up having problems, again. This is what I got for being stupid teenager sleeping in a stupid fast food.

Surprisingly Michael was less mad at me, we talked about this unbelievable situation during the morning.

He explained me that he fact that he'd get in troubles because of me was stressing him but it would be alright. Alright.

A few hours later my dad texted Michael to tell him that he'd arrive around 7pm this night. I was wishing that he'd miss his flight or something like that.

It was 1pm when I heard my stomach rumbled, skipping breakfast didn't help me. I decided that I'd make a sandwich but unfortunately the fridge was empty.

I was looking for Michael in the house to ask him if I could get some food , not  at chick fil a of course.

I got out of the house and found him in the garage. "Aye mick' the fridge is literally empty can I go get some food" I ask approaching him.
He turned around and said "definitely not"

"Why?" I asked raising my eyebrows. "Dad want you to stay home until he comes" Michael said as he fixed his shirt. "C'mon Michael I'll be back in less than 30minutes" I begged as I watched my watch. "I said no ma-" Michael started to say but he was cut by Joanne carrying groceries bags. "Goodmorning " she said with a warm voice.

"morning" Michael and I said in union. "Need some help?" I gently asked looking at her groceries bag. "That would be lovely" she replied as she made some steps towards me.

After helping her, I put down the last groceries and cracked my fingers. A bad habit I guess.

"Want a piece of my carrot cake?" Joanne offered me with a warm smile plastered on her face.

"Sure, I'll tell Michael that I'll be gone for a few minutes" I said as I left her house.

I made my way to our garage, where Michael was, took a deep breath and asked "hm Michael can I eat at Joanne's house?"

Michael let out a small laugh, turned around and added "Joanne is not the one who interests you." He said as I instantly blushed. "Am I wrong" he added looking up.

I didn't reply and looked away. "Okay be back in 60minutes, no more okay ?" He said as he smirked. I gave him a tight a hug and  quickly came back to Joanne's house.

I rang at the door and a few minutes later the door slowly freaked open and Payton's face appeared.

It was probably weird for him to see me in front of his house but he didn't ask anything and let me enter.

After a few seconds of silence Payton said "so you're here to talk about what happened earlier" i was about to tell him that I wasn't here to talk about what almsot happened when Joanne appeared and gently said "no she's here for my carrot cake" Payton rolled his eyes and said "c'mon mom it's been two hours that you're making a big deal about your carrot cake"

I laughed at his words and Joanne added looking at both of us"but what happened earlier" we instantly looked at each other not knowing what to do. "Nothing" Payton said as I shrugged.

Skip time

The carrot cake break went by quickly, I had 15 minutes left before going back to my room. It was the perfect moment. "Excuse me, payton can i talk to you please" I said as I stood up.

Payton nodded and we made our way to his room upstairs.