Chapter 8

"I seriously don't need you guys to be here every day," I sighed at Kenny, who was sitting at Pops' counter. 

"Too bad, kid." He said as he kept flipping through the magazine. "Until you're fully healed, this is where I'll be, 'kay?" He looked over at me. Shaking my head, I went back to the kitchen to bake more. Eventually, it was time for me to go. Rio and Kei picked me up, Kenny stayed with Pops. We were almost to my house when they started in on me.

"So," Rio said, smiling. "Are you gonna tell us today?" I glared at him, making him flinch.

"I already said nothing happened," It's been almost a week since I was left to the Devil. "And even if something did happen, I wouldn't tell you anyway."

"So something did happen!" Kei laughed at me, earning a gentle shove. "Did he kiss you? Did you let the poor man at least kiss you?"

"No," I growled and opened the door to my house. They left me alone, so I could shower and take the medicine the Devil got me. They helped me manage the pain and ensured I wouldn't get an infection from the wound. We were watching Tv and eating ice cream when we heard the door open. When we looked, it was my brother. We all went back to the show. 

"Hey, sh**heads." Kenny's voice boomed, making me cough on the ice cream. "My bad," He laughed and sat in the recliner. It's become a thing where Kenny has been staying here with us to make sure I'm okay and that I take the medicine. I think it's because he and Chance like each other, but I'll never know. The strong scent of familiar cologne made me pause eating my ice cream. Why is he here? They're going to question him. Oh, god.

"We'll be in the kitchen," Chance said as he passed through the living room with the Devil in tow. I held the spoon on my lower lip, and my eyes followed him as he walked. He smirked before going into the kitchen, making me aware that he saw me staring. 

"Why's your face red?" Rio asked, unaware of what happened. "Do you have a fev-"

"Shut. Up." I whined and sank in my seat. Eventually, we got consumed in a different show. I was leaning against Kei, almost falling asleep. He noticed and moved so I could lay against his chest. 

"Do you want to go to bed?" He asked and looked down at me. I whined, and he stayed put. I'm not sure how long I was asleep for, but I was woken up to the sound of Kenny laughing in the kitchen. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. "You were only out for a half-hour," Kei said as he pushed the hair from my face. I sniffled as I stood up and made my way to the kitchen where Kenny and Chance were messing around. They all looked over at me, and I watched the Devil look away quickly for some reason.

"Did Ken wake you up?" Chance asked. I nodded at him and squinted my eyes.