Chapter 11

The entire day I had been thinking about what happened last night. I've never allowed someone to touch me for as long as he did. I've never had contact with a male and wasn't expected to reciprocate something physical. What was most unnerving was how he could read me as if he was able to read my mind. I don't understand how or why. 

"Akira," Rio's voice drew me from my thoughts. "You're really spacy today. Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?" Kei and Rio were looking at me like they would murder him if I said he did anything.

"He made dinner last night," The two looked at each other in confusion before looking at me. "He also picked me up from work." The two seemed to be as confused as I was.

"He didn't force himself on you, right?" Kei asked in a dark tone. I shook my head at Kei, who sighed in relief. 

"He actually talked to me. We watched Tv for a bit before heading to our rooms for the night." Rio grunted at me. 

"Maybe he knows you can beat him if he tries anything." I nodded and looked out the window in the classroom again. That's where we left the conversation for the time being. Kei and Rio were trying to make up for not seeing me all the time by walking me everywhere and spending our lunchtimes together. I felt as though this is maybe what's normal for people who are friends; then again, each relationship has a different dynamic, so a common theme is hard to decide.

"Akira," Pops voice called me, making me look up. He was already smiling at me. "You seem happier today. You don't seem to be having dark thoughts today." He leaned on the counter and watched me organize the shelves. I shrugged at him, making him shake his head. "Is that gentleman from yesterday, your boyfriend?" My mouth dropped at his question. "I've never seen you act that way before, not even with your two hooligans." I chuckled at his word usage, then realized what else he was saying and sighed at him. "Is he the one you mentioned a while ago?" I nodded once and Pops, and he broke into a grin. "He seems so kind. He was very interested in understanding details about you. He couldn't figure out on his own. When you took the trash, he seemed like he was invested in a future with you." 

"Stop meddling, Pops," I said to him, giving him a knowing look. He could only smile at me as I worked. 

The night went as yesterday did. He picked me up; I saw Pops off. Then, he opened and closed the door. Then we got home, and he sent me to shower while he finished dinner. Again, he was lost in cooking as I watched him for a few minutes by the kitchen doorway. The way he moved was actually captivating. He was dressed in casual clothes again today, this time it was a long sleeve instead of a sweatshirt. 

"Why didn't you cook for yourself?" He never jumps when I think I scare him. He always just smiles when he hears me speak to him.