Chapter 16

I ended up making us both dinner. He seemed to be in a small amount of pain, so I didn't really like the idea of him moving more than necessary. It's odd, I've only started to feel protective of him recently. It's a different feeling that I thought was exclusively reserved for Chance, Rio, Kei, and Pops. The conversation with Rio and Kei kept echoing in my mind as we sat and ate our food. Vincent and I didn't really speak much the rest of the night. He ended up falling asleep pretty quickly. I took that as my time to admire him. He looked exhausted. I know that he pushes himself every day, and he never takes a day off in the time I've known him. After kissing his forehead, I fell asleep too.

"S***heads," Kenny's voice echoed, forcing Rio, Kei, and I too look up at him. "There's another meeting today that you have to attend." We all groaned. "I don't want to go either, but I have to. So, get over it." He pouted. The drive to the building was too short. "Now, stay quiet and just sit there." He huffed as we got off an elevator. I gripped my sweatshirt as we entered. I immediately wanted to turn around and leave due to the many people in the room. Chance and Jake were leaning against the far wall near Vincent's seat at the table. 

I leaned against the side wall next to Kenny. He nudged me, making me look up at him in confusion. 

"It's a formality," He whispered in my ear. "It'll be over soon." I nodded once and went back to analyzing everyone silently. I didn't pay attention to what was being said, and I only paid attention to the tone, the body language, the proximity, and overall movements. 

"What the-" Rio whispered in shock and anger. I looked at him, confused, then looked where he was watching. A female was too close to Vincent. Vincent was doing his best to ignore her attempts and what she said. He focused on the important players at the table. "He flinched," Rio looked at me in confusion. I watched carefully, realizing what was happening. My entire body felt hot. Vincent didn't want to make a scene. My whole body started to tingle as I watched the woman continue. My body moved without my permission. When I appeared next to Vincent, in front of the woman, she looked up at me in confusion. 

"Who is she?" Her voice was just as annoying as her existence. I put my foot on her chair and sent it flying into the wall. She picked herself up from the floor in sheer anger as she was surrounded by pieces that had broken off from the chair. The entire room was silenced. "Do you know who I am?" She almost yelled at me, her face red, her body shaking. I didn't flinch or move. My knuckles were white from gripping my sleeves when I walked over with my arms crossed. My entire face was void of emotions other than my eyes, showing anger and disgust. 

"A b**** in heat," I said monotoned. Her face contorted several times, showing different emotions. She eventually stood up and tried to intimidate me. I didn't flinch as she hit me; it wasn't powerful enough to make my face move or my body. It's as if I was stuck in place. She gaped at me when I didn't move or wince. She went to hit me again, but her back met the wall, similar to the chair. My grip on my sleeves felt like my hands would burst from the pressure.

"Are we all missing something, sir?" A man directed to Vincent's father. The room was silent after the question. I was doing my best not to blackout from anger or get a bloody nose. I don't know why I'm reacting this way, but it's as if my body has its own mind right now. I watched calmly as she picked herself up again. She watched me in horror as if I was a monster. I heard a man stand and eventually he appeared in front of me. He sent a slap, my body not moving at all from it.