VIII

We're here." Vic said, parking the car in the driveway.

Chris smiled big, getting out of the car quickly. Vic followed after, not seeing the hesitant Kellin on the back, mouth open as if to say something.

Vic caught up with the tallest male as they approached the door, Kellin toddling along behind. He was hesitant, though excited to see Ricky again.

Vic knocked on the door, waiting a few seconds. Thrash opened it. He quirked a brow, though he smiled a bit. "Fancy seeing you here," Vic rolled his eyes, smiling a bit. They shook hands. "Here so we can collect it already? Huh."

"I see you brought a new face. What's his name?" Thrash asked while staring Chris up and down.

"Callum Jackson." Vic responded as he never lost eye contact with the other.

"Oh, I like him." Thrash commented. "Much better than the piece of ass in there."

Vic frowned. "What are you talking about?" Chris instinctively moved up to Vic and wrapped an arm around his waist. Vic put his hand over Chris and squeezed.

Thrash noticed this but didn't comment on it. "The boy in the other room, he get boring after a few shags, need some new bits. And your friend is just my type."

Vic's face went blank for a second before he briefly narrowed his eyes. "No. We're here to see Ricky, can we?"

"Go right ahead." Thrash said, moving away from the door to make room for the three.

"Thanks," Vic said briefly. The three of them walked into the room. Chris looked around quickly, smiling as wide as he could once he saw Ricky.

"Hey, man!" He walked up to him, holding his brother on his arms and spinning them around. Chris kind of did this to everyone he cared about. "I missed you so fucking much!"

"I missed you too." The boy complied. "Please get me out of here."

Vic sighed. "Just hang on for a few more days. I'm already doing what I can," he spoke softly. "You'll get out of here soon, I promise you. Then we'll hide for long while and you and Kellin will go live your life after everything calmed down."

Chris looked at Vic, "what do you mean? Aren't they living with us?"

Vic looked at him for a few moments before looking away. "They are, yeah, but after, if they want to go live their lives, then okay." He shrugged. Thrash showed up behind Vic.

"I was thinking, I think we should make the collect before. The quickest the better, right? We can take all we need today." Kevin smiled big, excited.

"Yeah, but I want answers. You said 'he gets boring after a few shags', what have you done?"

Kevin let his smile slip away and he looked at the ground innocently. He shrugged. "Just ran a few tests on him, just to make sure he was okay?" He smiled sweetly at Vic.

"What tests?" Vic asked curiously.

"The usual," he said no more. "Now, you have someone to drive you back? We need to take it and it's gonna be a shit ton. Come on!" He was all excited, just waiting to suck part of Vic's life for a few days. He also wanted to help Craig recover but he'd have fun while doing it so.

The other three listened in closer as Thrash dragged Vic to the front door.

"Vic!" Chris called worriedly.

"It's okay, look after the boys for me."

Chris went to say something but Vic looked back at him again. "Trust me," he took his keys and threw them at Chris, that took it mid-air. Chris hesitantly nodded, putting the keys on his pocket, looking back at Ricky.