4. Framing Penny

Reaper is sitting next to Penny Polendina with two cups of tea as Ruby turns on the camera.

Ruby: Action!

Reaper: Hel-!

Penny: SAL-U-TATIONS!! My name is Penny Polendina with my dear friend, Reaper! Today on this episode of Reaper Reacts, we'll be discussing about RoosterTeeth having me framed for murdering innocent people in the show!

Reaper: Er... Yes, precisely Penny...

Penny: Oh! Were you supposed to talk before me? I'm so sorry!

Reaper: It's fine my sweet robotic angel of mass destruction.

Penny keeps smiling but her right eye twitches before she looks at Reaper.

Penny: Please don't call me that.

Reaper: No promises. ALRIGHT! So, we're going to go over some of the issues with this whole thing....as I have nothing but complaints about this whole thing.

Ruby: Aren't you always complaining about whenever the show does anything stupid these days?

Reaper: It seems that volume 7 has the most idiocy than the last volumes, so I'm complaining a lot more.

Penny: I'm fairly sure it's unhealthy to complain too much about a web series cartoon/anime. Especially one with one of the most toxic fanbases out there and writers that don't seem to listen to their critics.

Reaper: Yeah, I know Penny. Anyway, so let's get down to it. As we know, Tyrian and Watts cut the power to Robyn Hill's little victory party just as the election results were coming in. I got a little problem with the setup of the area first off. Penny?

Penny: To note a major flaw in the party itself; there's no security seen at the entrance to the party, meaning that Tyrian and anyone who wanted to kill Robyn can walk right in with no trouble. Considering that her supporters were being murdered, there should've been more security for a councilor candidate's party just in case she became a target.

Reaper: Mhm, another thing to discuss the matter of Faunus in the room.

Penny: Yes, as shown in the show, there seemed to have been only two Faunus present at the party besides Tyrian: Marrow and Fiona. If we ran with the narrative that Faunus has either limited night vision or excellent night vision, then we certainly have a problem when it comes to Fiona Thyme. Fiona, being a sheep Faunus, should have had excellent night vision, so she should have been able to see Tyrian clearly when he attacked her on the stage.

Reaper: So why didn't she tell Robyn afterwards that you weren't the culprit? Because you were still being blamed in the next episode and Fiona was up and about while helping Robyn steal Atlas materials.

Penny: An excellent question since RoosterTeeth does have an unfortunate tendency to forget about the night vision fairly often until it is convenient for the plot. They did have Blake burn her house because she couldn't see Ilia in the dark room she was in. Even with camouflage, Blake should have been able to see Ilia when she moved around.

Reaper: Let's not get into that right now, but in any case, the matter of Fiona has me and some fans... curious why she didn't say anything to clear Penny's name. Is she actually in Watts' pocket? Only letting herself get injured by Tyrian to sell the story? She wants a conflict with Atlas and is deliberately withholding information? Or is she seriously dimwitted?

Penny: A good question. Beyond the setup, we would like to note there's also another problem, my swords.

Reaper: Yes, if Tyrian and Watts REALLY wanted to sell the story, they should have somehow bloodied up Penny's blades. That way, when the lights came back on, the bloody swords would be able to explain bloody corpses around the room. Instead, we got bloody corpses and no blood on the one being framed.

Penny: RoosterTeeth could have had me and Tyrian engage in a short duel that could have cut him in parts of his body. That way there would have been blood on me when the lights came on.

Reaper: That would have sold it in my viewpoint. But nah, let's make apparently everyone in Remnant a bunch of idiots!

Penny: That's a little mean, Reaper.

Reaper: It's true though! This series seems to keep showing how idiotic people are even when limited evidence exists! At least back in volume 3 when Yang was framed for assault, it actually wasn't the stupidity of people but a proper use of Emerald's abilities. THAT actually had better planning and less margin for error unlike when framing you!

Ruby: So, would we ultimately say the sequence of framing Penny was... stupid?

Reaper: The one we got from the show, yes. However, I could think of a couple ways it could have been better. I can understand that the purpose of framing you was also to make Ironwood look bad and cause unrest. As such, there are many ways to salvage and make this whole sequence much better and more convincing. Some ways we've already mentioned.

Penny: Indeed.

Ruby: Speaking of which, is the Author going to completely rewrite that whole scene in Reaper of Remnant to try and improve it? I heard Qrow talking about that with Winter in the hall.

Reaper: Oh yeah, because the Author was having difficulty with modifying that whole scene in the draft, he just decided to rewrite it to a certain degree. We MIGHT not see any direct slaughter but we'll see the aftermath as the majority of the scene will be replaced with a.... you know what, we'll just wait and see.

Reaper "sips" his tea while Penny does the same.

Reaper: Well, that's all the time we got today. Penny, thank you for being here.

Penny: It was a pleasure! Thank you for bringing me on the show!

Reaper: Now, next episode has yet to be determined. So, we'll be allowing you guys to decide what I should react to next! You can also help decide who will be our next guest!

??: STOP HER!

Ruby, Penny and Reaper look at the stage door before it bursts open with Nora running through with a coffee pitcher on hand as Ren and Qrow chase after her.

Ren: DON'T LET HER DRINK THAT!!

Nora: THE COFFEE IS MIIIINE!!!!

Nora starts laughing maniacally before running through the studio wall. Reaper, Ruby, Qrow and Ren go and Chase after her. Penny tilts her head and smiles as she is still sitting at the counter. She then looks at the camera with red eyes and an evil smile.

End Reaction!

Throw in your suggestions for the next episode!