5. Kingsman and BFV Pacific

Reaper looks at the screen of the only two suggestions for this episode

Reaper looks at the screen of the only two suggestions for this episode. He then looks at Ruby, who operates the camera.

Reaper: Well, guess we'll do both because I don't have much to say for an individual to make up a full episode.

Reaper "sips" his tea.

Reaper: Anyway, welcome back dear reader to Reaper Reacts. Today we're reacting to what you suggested and... Well, I was kinda hoping something else, like a horror scene from Misery or maybe the beginning of Saving Private Ryan but eh, I'll work with this.

Ruby: Well, unfortunately you aren't a well known figure in the RWBY Fanfic community and the author has only a fairly small number of people who read his content regularly, and even then there is a declining interest in our content. So having only a small number of suggestions should be expected.

The Author screams from another room.

Author: I'M A GENERIC WRITER!!

Reaper sighs as him and Ruby hear the Author start crying.

Reaper: Anyway, let's just get this over with so I can go to bed. First off, we have RocketRick99 suggesting we react to "The Kingsman church fight scene". Okay, Ruby, pull it up.

Reaper sips his tea before leaning back on his chair.

Reaper: Well, what do I need to say? The scene, along with the rest of Kingsman movie was awesome. It has a combination of graphic violence and ridiculousness that makes it enjoyable. Also the scene where Galahad looks around after the massacre was perfect, you can just sense what he's probably thinking: "Jesus Christ, what did I just do?"

Ruby: Who's Jesus?

Reaper: Earth thing, don't worry about it. Alright, next thing is by- Hold on, Ruby, do you think Wattpad might flag our use of the video as inappropriate? They did just flag an image used by the Author in a draft the other day.

Ruby: Uhhhh.... I don't know, maybe? Guess we'll see?

Reaper: Shite, alright, anyway. Next suggestion is from L0yalist, that Argentinean bastard...I say that playfully and not meant to be offensive. He suggests reacting to video game trailers or maybe Battlefield V's Pacific trailer. I honestly never got into the game because of the controversy around it. Electronic Arts kinda shot themselves in the foot by accusing their critics among the fanbase of being sexists for the use of a British woman soldier in the reveal trailer....for a World War 2 game.

Ruby: Well, some of the fans were kinda sexist about it...

Reaper: Sure, but most of the critics weren't. They, including the Author, took issue to there being women frontline soldiers on the Western Front, which has inaccuracies right there. Sure, women did serve in Western militaries, but mostly as medics and support personnel, not frontline soldiers...in the West that is. If EA REALLY wanted to show off their progressive side without trying to pick a fight with history buffs, they should've done stories on the Russians in the East, or had that whole reveal trailer be in the Soviet Union to begin with. Because women in the Soviet Union served combat roles in the war as pilots, tank crews, snipers, machine gunners, etc! The Author would've certainly bought the game if that was the case. He did like that the game did give the Germans a proper campaign, a rarity in a game industry that constantly demonizes them as being all monsters. Though he didn't purchase the game, the German campaign was his favorite.

Ruby: Weren't we going to react to the Pacific trailer, not the Reveal trailer, the game and EA?

Reaper: Oh right, pull that up.

Reaper: See, if EA had a trailer like this when announcing BFV, there would've been little controversy on the game until probably release. I loved the song used, the insanity of war we saw in the trailer, and the fact the Japanese and the American we followed both got killed in said insanity. Now, when the American crashed his plane into the Japanese rocket, couldn't he have just shot it down instead of waste a perfectly good plane?

Ruby shrugs while Reaper sips his tea.

Reaper: But anyway, I liked the trailer. So that's that, now I can go to bed. Thank you for reading this episode of Reaper Reacts and we'll see you next episode. Bye!

Reaper stands and walks out of the room while Ruby walks in front of the camera and clears her throat.

Ruby: Next episode will probably be about the recent news about General Ironwood being told the truth in RWBY Volume 7 or we might do something else. Stay tuned!

End Reaction!

Okay, I'm going to bed now...