XX

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

MY FACE PALED AS THE elevator doors shut in front of me. I couldn't move, my feet stood planted and my body was frozen still.

The gravity of the situation hit me like a ton of bricks.

Someone, who was more than likely not an ally, had a very damning photo of Jimin and I that could ruin both of us.

If his aunt thought we were sleeping together, or even in a relationship more serious than business associates, she'd drag my name and reputation through the mud and attempt to fire Jimin without hesitation.

"It's probably just some stupid reporter," he reasoned.

I gave him an annoyed side glance, "Then how the hell did they get your number?"

He opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it and sighed, "I don't know, I'm just trying to be positive."

"Positivity won't solve this Jimin," I practically growled.

He visibly recoiled at my tone and swallowed nervously, remaining quiet until the elevator doors opened to our floor.

I stomped out, leaving Jimin behind.

He quickly caught up to me and walked beside me silently until we reached our hotel room, at that point he grabbed the room key and opened the door for me.

I brushed past him and made my way over to the window before closing the curtains and glancing around the room to ensure we were alone.

"Okay what the fuck are we going to do now?" I asked exasperated.

He sat at the foot of the bed and patted the empty space next to him, wanting me to sit down.

Instead I crossed my arms over my chest and cocked my head, waiting for his response to my question.

When he realized I wasn't moving, he sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Seoyeon, I don't know what we're going to do, I wish I could say it's not a big deal but I'd be lying." He shrugged, "I mean it could obviously be worse, but the position we were caught in makes us look like a lot more than just business associates or even just friends. Not to mention the fact that you weren't even supposed to come on this trip, so that makes it even more suspicious."

My heart rate picked up, I'd worked my ass off for this job and if this stupid mistake ruined my life, I'd be done for.

"And you can't track the number?" I asked.