Chapter 1.

Finn was sitting on a rock near an X-Wing under repair. He was staring at the sky, hoping to see a sign of Rey's appearance. If she was there, he would have felt it.

Around him, the base of the resistance was particularly animated. C-3PO and R2-D2 were in the corner. The golden droid looked panicked and waved his arms in all directions while his companion looked rather serene.

"Finn! Come here, we need you!" called Rose

He got out of his thoughts and headed straight for the ship that had just landed.

A seriously injured pilot climbed out and collapsed on the stretcher.

"Poe, what happened to you ?!" asked Finn energetically

"We got attacked on another base. According to our sources, it is neither the First Order nor the Empire."

"The Empire collapsed and the First Order has disappeared !" exclaimed the ex stormtrooper "It is technically impossible for them to come back!"

The pilot put down his helmet and let the resistance fighters treat him.

"Yes, but the threat is still among us. Did Rey arrive?"

Finn shook his head. He looked disappointed.

"Do you think the enemies could have intercepted our message? She may be locked in a room with offenders and she maybe is in danger!" worried this one

"Listen Finn, if Rey was locked in a room with offenders, I wouldn't worry for her !"

He frowned and looked at Poe disapprovingly.

Rose came towards them breathless.

"Yavin 4 has been attacked"

Poe quickly stood up, holding his wound.

"There have been several attacks all around the galaxy, calls for help coming from everywhere" began the young woman

"What about Yavin 4?" asked Poe

"We're reporting a lot of losses there."

There was a long silence. Poe stared at the floor and Rose wondered if she had been too outspoken with her announcement.

"We're saved" suddenly whispered Finn

Poe looked up and stared at Finn. The ex stormtrooper ran towards a spacecraft close to landing. The cockpit door opened, and Rey appeared. She went down the steps and was quickly surrounded by resistance fighters. BB-8 was asked millions of questions by the two droids.

"Rey!" Finn yelled through the crowd

The young woman turned around and saw her friend's face. She ran to him and they found themselves in a warm embrace.

"How long have you been gone?" lamented the general

"Just a few months" she replied timidly

"Already far too long!" Poe said, wha' were you doing on Tatooine, huh? Was that your retirement plan?"

Finn wanted to intervene, but Rey stopped him. She looked her friend straight in the eye.

"You're right. I left for personal reasons" she stated

"You were supposed to bring balance to the Force. So yeah, we're all grateful towards you for having got rid of the last Sith, but for a while now, the galaxy has again been under assault by a "sect" whose name is still unknown. And you, where have you been all this time?"

Finn stood in front of Poe.

"You don't know what you saying, you are upset after the attack on Yav-..."

"Yeah, maybe you're right, but at the moment, I blame her."

Poe looked at Rey one last time and left, followed by a few other resistants.

The place then became silent, and the people that had gathered around them began to disappear.

Finn turned around and noticed his friend's tear-covered face. They looked at each other for a moment and she gestured to him to tell him to be quiet. She retreated, staying by BB-8's side.

The ex stormtrooper sighed and went to care for the wounded again.

Poe Dameron was not the spiteful kind, but it was his planet that had just been attacked. Its people had been partially decimated.

Of course, it was not Rey's fault, but he thought that if she had been more involved in their cause, none of this would have happened.

"Poe!" called Rose "We got calls from another system. They are heading towards us."

"I will warn Rey and Finn, alert all the other resistance fighters. They won't have us this time."

"Understood !" said Rose before executing

The attack had already started. Rey and Finn were back to back fighting the enemies. Some resistance fighters had fallen while trying to save their injured comrades.

"There are still others coming" sighed Finn

"Yes, I feel it, but how do you know?"

"I feel it too."

Rey glanced at him and understood immediately.

She had no time to ask more questions: About ten stormtroopers surrounded her. After gathering all of her forces, Rey lifted them and made them collide against each other before attacking the other newcomers.

Poe disembarked and shot several blasters on the troopers who came to attack them.

"There are too many!" he growled

"Stand back, I'll try something" said Rey, as the last option

She held her hand up to the ceiling and flashed lightning from her hands.

Rey had never used the power of her ancestor again after nearly killing Chewbacca, but she would have did everything possible to save her friends.

The gasoline carboy's set on fire and fell on the troopers.

"We have to go now!" yelled Finn

Rey and Poe nodded and ran as fast as they could to the nearest ally ship.

Once in, each went their way to deplore the losses. Finn joins Rose first.

"How many losses?" he asked slowly

"About fifty. There are even more injured people than before now."

The young man hold his head and sat down next to an unoccupied stretcher.

"They just wanted to weaken us... They had planned everything from the start"

"Calm down Finn. The Resistance goes to an ally's planet before preparing a counterattack plan-..."

"No, no Rose! You don't understand ! They are already with us. They are still with us. Always."

Rose frowned and sat beside her lover. She took his hands. He grabbed them with more force, more grip and kissed them.

"I feel bad things Rose. Very bad things."

"How can you feel 'em"? she wondered, full of misunderstanding

Finn looked her straight in the eye and said nothing.

She gasped and remained silent.