Warmth, a christmas special.

In deep winter weather, as snowflakes fell like rain. Was a series of houses, each one looking the same. But one of these houses holds something unique. A group of friends, who might as well be family.

In the living room, was a tree. A pretty big one to say the least. Ornaments ranging from different colors and sizes.

Decorating was a member of the police, a woman named Percy. Putting up the ornaments, trimming the tree "With what?" You may suppose, with a real ass goddamn sword of course! Soon the tree looked elegant as can be.

But then you stumble into the kitchen. The smell of the different food all being cooked lures you into its temptation. Thick pea soup, cabbage soup and all the other delicious potage makes you drool. All being made by two close friends, a little girl and a criminal named Molly and Giovanni. All this seemed like a little game to them.

But then you wonder "Where is the smell of gingerbread and peppermint
coming from?". You trail to the kitchen, you find trays of cookies, gingerbread men and peppermint hot chocolate all lined up in there own line. Molly and Giovanni dazzle at all the cookies, trying not snag one at heartbeat.

A red head with glasses grabs a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven. The smell makes you head over heels. The boy psychologist, puts the tray down as he was wiping sweat from his face. It was no other then Doctor Sylvester Ashling. He looks over at the duo and proceeds to slap the criminal's hand away before he does the obvious.

You start to back away from the bickering. You start to wander around the house, the smell of festive candles fill the air as the smell of pine radiates in your nostrils.

You see yourself being called into a bedroom. A bulky man with tattoos across his chest was wrapping presents for the various residents in the house. A teddy bear for Molly, a collection of soup spoons for Giovanni, a book titled "You are a Badass" was for Percy and a sheep plush for Sylvie. Indus sets one of the items over to you, as you wrap it you get a papercut. You didnt mind.

Thoughts rushed through your head, saying things like "You don't belong here", "Your just an obligated guest, "Why did the kid even invite you?".

Indus wraps your finger in a band-aid, saying to you "Lady Mera, i don't know why but just by reading your face, i can tell your scared. What is there to be scared of, today is christmas eve!". You shout at Indus "Why did they invite us here?! To gloat, for some sick enjoyment?!", "Lady Mera, no-", "THEN WHY?-", "BECAUSE... Everyone here was given a second chance, including you. So stop pushing it aside just because of things you did, if there's light at the end of the tunnel, run to it don't just ignore it.".

There was a long narrowing silence between the two of you. You took a deep breath then let out a sigh "I guess your right, Indus. Why am i being taught these things from you?". In a happy tone, he said "I'm your bodyguard, i protect you from things.". You giggle a little bit. Then you heard a faint knock at the door.

Indus opens it to find Molly, she said "Hey um, i was wondering if you guys wanted to be apart of the snowball fight. Its guys versus girls and OH i can dumb down your epithet a little bit, so it won't hurt as bad if you get hit by a snowball."

You felt sudden warmth, not by the fireplace, not by heaters. But in a sappy way, in your chest. Like this is something you'v wanted for a long time.

But as anxiety crept up your back and as your thoughts begin to creep into your head. You say "Sure, that'd be really fun.". You felt as if everything just melted away.  It gave you warmth.

Molly acknowledges that she'll tell the others to get ready.

Indus gives you a thumbs up as yells "OH it gives me an excuse to use my BARRIER!". He ran out of the room, leaving you alone.

You smile, not out of spite but for happiness as you catch up with him outside.

Fun, happiness, truth and warmth. All these new feelings came at you like a truck.

But you felt fine and that one felt the most sincere. Nothing overwhelmed you, you felt fine.

Once again in a sappy way, they gave you another new feeling but chose not to think about it.

(WOO, THAT WAS LONG. Even though this isn't that good in my opinion. I love the feeling of completion. Everyone have a merry christmas, qwanza, hannakka, whatever and a happy new year) (Im going to check if theres more typos tomorrow or...later in the day)